Questions about RSN / MLB

BengalsFan24

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2006
Getting ready for my yearly move for MLB and I have a question.

I'm thinking about Iowa, a place in Pennsylvana, Charlotte, or Mobile, Alabama.

My questions are these: In Pennsylvania (Pirates), Charlotte (Reds), and Mobile (Rays, Marlins) I don't get the RSN of the teams in () without I subscribe to the MS pakcage. In other wrods, I don't get FSN Pitt, FSN Cincy, or Sun Sports / FSN Florida unless I pay extra for it.

Would I still get the games for these teams on one of those alternate networks (like 441 - 448, I think) or would I need to buy the Multi-Sport to get them all?

Where I'm at now, I started noticing the Reds on one of the alternate channels (even thoug I regular get the Indians where i'M AT NOW) late into last season (the last three games). But i never inspacted enough to know if I was getting them all on one of the alternate networsk... Does anyboyd know?

Getting ready for my yearly move for MLB and I have a question.

I'm thinking about Iowa, a place in Pennsylvana, Charlotte, or Mobile, Alabama.

My questions are these: In Pennsylvania (Pirates), Charlotte (Reds), and Mobile (Rays, Marlins) I don't get the RSN of the teams in () without I subscribe to the MS pakcage. In other wrods, I don't get FSN Pitt, FSN Cincy, or Sun Sports / FSN Florida unless I pay extra for it.

Would I still get the games for these teams on one of those alternate networks (like 441 - 448, I think) or would I need to buy the Multi-Sport to get them all?

Where I'm at now, I started noticing the Reds on one of the alternate channels (even thoug I regular get the Indians where i'M AT NOW) late into last season (the last three games). But i never inspacted enough to know if I was getting them all on one of the alternate networsk... Does anyboyd know?

Just because a team claims an area, does not mean you will get it from Dish. I believe I have read on this board that people in Charlotte do not get any Red's games. Dish seems to have a policy of paying to distribute a team to the areas close to team city, but do not carry to areas further away.

My area of northern indiana is claimed by the Cubs, White Sox, Reds and Tigers. Last season I was able to watch them all with Tigers and Reds usually on the Alts. I do not subsribe to the multisports pack.

I'm sure your mileage may very based on location.

I thought I'd comment on this, too. Before I go that route, though, thanks to the Tigers fan that indicated he could see the Reds without Multi-Sport. (That makes me feel better about what I'm about to say). I live in the Charlotte area or, at least, I am claimed by four Major League Baseball teams (the Braves, Orioles, Nationals, and Reds). I wound up here last year (after never watching anybody different than the Braves) and pretty much fell in love with both the Orioles and Nationals. I'm a subscriber to AT200 (that will change next November when my annual subscription is due and I drop to AT100+). Regardless, the RSNs that come with my package are Fox Sports South, Sports South, and MASN. When I first arrived in the area, I honestly didn't know the Reds were part of my viewing territory.

Anyways, toward the end of last year (about the last week of the season), I THINK all of their games were on the alternate sports feeds. I'm not 100% on this because I was watching many other games but I can remember the Sunday before the season ending watching the Reds and Cubs (I think) and thinking to myself, "WOW, I didn't know I could see the Reds without blackouts..." I can recall looking for them several other times through the next week and seeing where they were on on one of my alternate feeds. I did not, however, see about the whole season and maybe somebody else can tell me this. Ultimately, though, I think they target the alternate channels toward the teams that you can view -- if there are any playing in your area that night. I feel pretty confident about this because I have been told the Hurricanes are always on one of my alternate feeds.... Anyways, I've thought of "moving" into, perhaps, the same area of Pennsylvania (as I get the basic channels of cable at a discounted rate -- leased the local cable company some land) because I'll not be losing the Braves regardless and would still keep the Nationals and Orioles.

But, since I'm on the subject -- what about the Braves games that will air on Peachtree (I don't get Peachtree)? Will they be shown on the alternate sports feeds or is that just broadcasts from FSN or Comcast networks? If you move to Iowa, you'll get so much baseball you won't know what to do. You might also want to subscribe to the distant networks (if you qualify) as the NBC out of San Francisco will show some Giants games (although I'm not sure how many)...

Cade

The way it works here in SW Oklahoma, I get the Astros and Rangers on Fox SW. Which ever team is not playing on Fox is on the alt sports channel. Buying the sports package allows me to watch the Cardinals on Fox MW, since they claim our area.

I don't mean to hijack this thread so if I am, then maybe a mod will kick me out :(

I'm wondering how far west I can "move" to get Denver HD locals and Fox Sports Midwest RSN.

hopefully someone knows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)