Questions about signing up/cost

bsic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
Texas
Hi,

Thinking about switching to comcast from directv. What promotions are going on right now for signing up in the DFW area?

I want to install Digital Plus on two TVs, both with DVR's. One of these TV's is high def.

Am I correct in assuming this will be an additional:

$5 (extra converter)
$5 HDTV
$10 X 2 = $20 DVR

Thanks!

ask them if they have a satellite to cable deal. you might be surpirsed on the deal they give you. alot of cable companies are running similar deals.

I just signed up (switching from Dish). The deal they gave me is $29.95/month for digital cable + HBO & Showtime. Equipment cost is $9.95 for HD DVR box. We watch 90% of our shows on the HD so I elected to just have the one receiver.

Total bill will be around $45 including tax for the first year. After that I may switch back to Satellite if they have the MPEG4 systems up and running.

Glenn,

If you path $10 for the HD DVR box, do you still have to pay the $5 HD fee?

Thanks!

I'm not sure whether the $5 HD fee would still apply. They are coming to do the install tomorrow so I'll pop back on here and post the total monthly cost. Either way I'm saving about $40/month over my satellite bill with almost the same channel lineup.

Dish buy back

glenn z said:
I'm not sure whether the $5 HD fee would still apply. They are coming to do the install tomorrow so I'll pop back on here and post the total monthly cost. Either way I'm saving about $40/month over my satellite bill with almost the same channel lineup.

For my dish buyback, the $29.95 paid for one year of digital cable, one dual tuner HD-DVR (motorola DCT-6412) and HD service on the box (again for one year). After the year is over, the digital cable alone will be at least around $65 and the HD-DVR will be $14.95 more per month ($4.95 for box rental plus $5.00 for DVR plus $5.00 for High Def).
I also was charged only $5 per premium pkg (so $25 per month total for HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Stars and The Movie Channel). Addtionally the lower tier internet was $24.95/month with no rental fees charged for the cable modem for the first 6 months (then $42.95/month plus $3...I think....for modem rental).
I cringe at what my bill will become next May (when the year is up). I already pay 2 X $9.95 per month for 2 HD non-DVR boxes (thinking of replacing one with a 2nd DCT-6412). By next May, I hope Verizon FIOS will be up in Baltimore or I may have to go back to Satellite (but I will see what the retention dept. of Comcast offers too).
Wayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)