questions about super joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jct21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 26, 2018
kentucky
from what i can find online the super joey has 2 tuners.

1. if i hooked it up with my H3, can i use the input button to swap between 2 live streams on the super joey like we do on the H3?

2. if so, does the super joey use the dvr to preserve the buffer on each swapped live streams?

3. can the swap be done at the same time on the super joey and the H3?

My understanding that the Super Joey does not work with the Hopper 3. I have a Hopper with sling and it does add two more tuners to the existing 3 tuner on the HWS.

from what I gather from contacting friends, is that when pressing the input button on the super joey causes the same popup i get on the joey 3, this is not an active feature. they are able to pause, ff, rw & access the dvr but thats as far as it goes. i guess it helps with tuner / recording conflicts when paired with a regular hopper.

when pressing the input button on the super joey causes the same popup i get on the joey 3, this is not an active feature
That popup always makes me wonder when Dish is going to activate that feature, or what we need to do on our end to make that feature active. If this is a feature that is never coming to these models, then the popup should be clarified to specify that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That popup always makes me wonder when Dish is going to activate that feature, or what we need to do on our end to make that feature active. If this is a feature that is never coming to these models, then the popup should be clarified to specify that.

i was thinking the same thing. if its not active, what can i do to make it active. i know calling dish is likely pointless. however, id be willing to pay a small activation fee to have it work. i keep reading reviews about how great the hopper 3 is. which i agree, its a good dvr, but its severely lacking in what seems like basic things the genie is capable of. example... clients using swap or as directv calls it, double play. also, preserving the buffer when apps or dvr is accessed. the genie does those things without issue. those 2 lacking features are my main gripes with the hopper setup. almost makes me wanna go back to directv, but i think its best to see what happens. they are in a bad situation right now.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Super Joeys do not work with Hopper 3's and TBH are outdated junk that Dish would be best served to stop using.
It's a mystery why the input button works on the Hopper but not the Joeys, even if you take it out of limited mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)