Questions about upgrading to 625 or 508

baileyr1202

Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I have a 7200 now and thinking about upgrading to a 508 (because I don't have to pay additional mounthly fee) or the 625.

Can you own your own 625 or do you have to lease from Dish Network? I've been told I have to lease and won't activeate you own but new ones are for sale all the time on ebay. If I hook 2 tv's to this unit do I have to pay the additional receiver fee?

If I get a used 508 and have the serial numbers how can I make sure nothing is owed on the unit? Also, does it need to have the yellow card or will dish provide me with a current card?

I'm new to this (have had my same equipment for many years) and any help would be greatly apprecaiated.

baileyr1202 said:
Can you own your own 625 or do you have to lease from Dish Network? I've been told I have to lease and won't activeate you own but new ones are for sale all the time on ebay. If I hook 2 tv's to this unit do I have to pay the additional receiver fee?

You can own a 625 and yes Dish will activate it. As long as the 625 is connected to a phone line there is no additional receiver fee.

baileyr1202 said:
If I get a used 508 and have the serial numbers how can I make sure nothing is owed on the unit? Also, does it need to have the yellow card or will dish provide me with a current card?

Call Dish and have them verify that the receiver has no balance owed. Dish will send a yellow card if needed.

baileyr1202 said:
I'm new to this (have had my same equipment for many years) and any help would be greatly apprecaiated.

BTW- Welcome to Satellite Guys baileyr1202 :welcome

NightRyder

I was dealing with the exec. team from dish, and going over possible upgrades, and they offerd to RMA my 510 (I own it) and swap it out for a 625, no contract, and I would own the 625 and could self install. I opted for the 622 hd dvr upgrade instead. $199 with install and Dish 1000, and $10 a month for 10 month rebate on my bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)