Questions before installation...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WheelieMan711

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I just wanted to share my excitement by saying that I called Dish this morning and was able to schedule an appointment for this afternoon! I had a family emergency yesterday that prevented me from ordering it yesterday, so I am glad I was able to schedule an appointment for today.

Before the installer gets here later today, there's a question I wanted to ask about an EHD. I was able to connect one of my backup hard drives and copy the remaining shows from our DVR onto it. I wanted to ask if there was anything special I need to do in order to disconnect the drive? Do I need to eject or unmount it or anything?

Also, we have RG6 running through our house and are using several 3-way splitters. I assume it can, but can 3-way splitters be used to connect Joeys? As long as there are not more than two things between all the Hoppers and Joeys, I should be fine right? The other concern I have is I'm not sure our current RG6 is rated for 3 GHz. Since I'm in a wheelchair and could not get to our cable, I had my dad look at all that was printed on the cable but there was no MHz/GHz rating.

Other than these questions and concerns, everything should be set for installation. I sure am excited! I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Just unplug it from the DVR is you are sure no data is being written to it. There is no "eject" on the DISH DVR's.

The splitters "should" work but if there is an issue it would be there. The RG6 is fine as you can even use RD59 to the Joey's. :)

Would this diagram of the wiring in my house make sense to a Dish installer?

RG6 diagram.jpg

Two cables from the dish to the node. One cable off the node to a tap. One line off tap to the hopper. Other line off the tap to a splitter to feed the other rooms(joeys)

I just wanted to share my excitement by saying that I called Dish this morning and was able to schedule an appointment for this afternoon! I had a family emergency yesterday that prevented me from ordering it yesterday, so I am glad I was able to schedule an appointment for today.

Before the installer gets here later today, there's a question I wanted to ask about an EHD. I was able to connect one of my backup hard drives and copy the remaining shows from our DVR onto it. I wanted to ask if there was anything special I need to do in order to disconnect the drive? Do I need to eject or unmount it or anything?

Also, we have RG6 running through our house and are using several 3-way splitters. I assume it can, but can 3-way splitters be used to connect Joeys? As long as there are not more than two things between all the Hoppers and Joeys, I should be fine right? The other concern I have is I'm not sure our current RG6 is rated for 3 GHz. Since I'm in a wheelchair and could not get to our cable, I had my dad look at all that was printed on the cable but there was no MHz/GHz rating.

Other than these questions and concerns, everything should be set for installation. I sure am excited! I'll be sure to let everyone know how it goes.

Is it possible to record the shows off my old 722k receiver to an external hard drive and then upload/transfer the shows to the hopper? Do I need to record them to the hard drive in a special format.

I am getting mine installed next Friday. I asked the person I talked to when I set up the appointment and they didn't know. The rep didn't think it would work because it is in a different format (different software is being used).

I am curious to see what apps are available (facebook, pandora etc) and what apps are out there to download.

I am also curious to see the format of the on-demand shows and see how they are listed. I hope they improved the format and give you an option to put it in list format instead of scrolling through 25+ pages of only 4-5 movies per page.

Hopefully by next week, the techs will be more familiar with the installation process. Reading some of the posts toady, it sounds like techs were having some issues. Some had to do a factory reset on their hoppers and some people had issues with the joeys.

Hopefully it wont be difficult to get my house hooked up as well as getting my slingbox working.

Is it possible to record the shows off my old 722k receiver to an external hard drive and then upload/transfer the shows to the hopper? Do I need to record them to the hard drive in a special format.

I am getting mine installed next Friday. I asked the person I talked to when I set up the appointment and they didn't know. The rep didn't think it would work because it is in a different format (different software is being used).

I am curious to see what apps are available (facebook, pandora etc) and what apps are out there to download.

I am also curious to see the format of the on-demand shows and see how they are listed. I hope they improved the format and give you an option to put it in list format instead of scrolling through 25+ pages of only 4-5 movies per page.

Hopefully by next week, the techs will be more familiar with the installation process. Reading some of the posts toady, it sounds like techs were having some issues. Some had to do a factory reset on their hoppers and some people had issues with the joeys.

Hopefully it wont be difficult to get my house hooked up as well as getting my slingbox working.

You can transfer all your recordings using an EHD from your 722K to the Hopper with no issue.

Your wiring will have to be reconfigured. Each Hopper will need a direct line to the node, the second one can't be fed off the first like your diagram shows. Also I have no idea how the boosters will affect the MOCA, they may all need to be removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)