Questions before Moving to Brighthouse from DirecTV

price wise, maybe as i pointed out buying a used tivo xl with a lifetime subscription would give you a much bigger hard drive (1tb) and only cost the fee for a cable card. i would also argue that tivos don't have the software problems that some bhn boxes have. last bhn box i used was a samsung. while it was better than those old SA boxes, i would still choose tivo. plus newer boxes have 4 tuners in them!

No doubt the tivo hardware/software is better. But I think he was trying to lower his bill not increase it.

Thanks for the inputs. I think I am beginning to get a handle on the pricing.

Don't understand about needing to keep one BHN box. Are you saying there is no option for customers to not have a box at all?

Because the promo you are on includes the DVR. if you want to get rid of the DVR you lose the promo. Now there maybe a cheaper promo without a DVR but most all the TV promos include a box. Rather you use it or not. Its like getting a tripe play package but not wanting the phone service or maybe not wanting the internet. You will not save much as the cost of the 2 items vs the promo is not much difference.

Same with buying a #1 value meal, vs buying them seperately. You might not want the drink, but if you buy the sandwich and fries separate you are not saving much at all. Value wise, mise well get the drink (the box)

No doubt the tivo hardware/software is better. But I think he was trying to lower his bill not increase it.

understood. but he has the option to purchase a used tivo with a lifetime subscription with it. then he only needs to pay for the cable cards each month. there wouldn't be a seperate payment to tivo. that way he saves significant money.