Questions by a new Sat. customer/install tomorrow.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

msajeff

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Illinois
I wanted to get some sort of idea what I should be expecting tomorrow. I have heard all kinds of different numbers as far as signal strength. Any advice that could be provided would be greatly appreciated. Are there specific things I should pay special attention to be signing off on the install? And I called Rentention and was given SF for free...should that be noted somewhere on the paperwork? The installation is for a 5 lnb dish, H20, and an R15. ZIP is 32825. Thanks in advance.

Make sure you discuss UPFRONT where you would like the dish and RG6 cabling to be installed versus where the installer is planning. (remember its YOUR home)! Wall fishing is extra, so keep that in mind.

Make sure you are receiving all channels (including the locals) correctly before signing.

Make sure YOU have all remotes and extra cables and the boxes for the receivers.

Make sure everything is to your satisfaction.

Your signal strength provided you have a clear path to the southwest ...
Your H-20 receiver will be different from the R-15.
H-20 should be 70's and up and the R-15 should be high 80's to mid 90's
With some fluctuation expected.

Jimbo

Do anything you can to not get it mounted on your house, And I would walk away before I let them mount it on the roof. Pay the extra money and get a pole mount.

He live in a duplex so the pole mount was mandated by the owner. Luckily we live on the southern side of the duplex on the east side of the road so finding a clear view to the satellites shouldn't be a major proble. Thank you for all of your advice.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)