questions from new subscriber

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mailman390

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Connecticut
questions from new subscriber HELP!

Hello, I recently signed up for Dish Network and have an installation date of 3/23. I ordered the America's Everything Pak w/locals and HD 811, 2-322 receivers. question 1 : Does this mean I will be getting the Superdish? question 2 : Can they use my existing R-59 cable that my house is wired with or will they have to rewire the entire house? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks all! mailman390 p.s. I live in CT if that helps

mailman390 said:
Hello, I recently signed up for Dish Network and have an installation date of 3/23. I ordered the America's Everything Pak w/locals and HD 811, 2-322 receivers. question 1 : Does this mean I will be getting the Superdish? question 2 : Can they use my existing R-59 cable that my house is wired with or will they have to rewire the entire house? Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks all! mailman390 p.s. I live in CT if that helps

You're installation date is March 23rd?! Did you request that date?

Are you paying for any of those receivers? You are exceeding the four tuners included for free under normal promotions.

We will need to know where your locals are coming from to confirm a SuperDISH. They will need to re-wire the house anyway. Each 322 will require TWO cables each from the switch to those receivers. It is highly recommended that the cables be RG-6.

Before you get all signed up you should look into changing your order to include at least one DVR. Too many people don't consider it or worse, weren't told of it, then find they have trouble making the swap later. Instead of two 322s, perhaps get a 942 (to record satellite HD and digital OTA) and a 522. Since you will be getting AEP the DVR usage fee will be waived.

BobaBird said:
Instead of two 322s, perhaps get a 942 (to record satellite HD and digital OTA) and a 522.

Obviously, that won't be enough. With five tuners, it's likely that he has five TVs (or is wanting PIP badly).

mistake

Sorry I made a mistake.....my install date is 2/23. They have me down for a 811,322 and 111 but I bought a 322 on my own and hope to use it instead of the 111. Yes, I do have 5 tv's. Should I rewire the house myself and save the installer time or have them do it? I do realize that there will be 2 cables for each 322. Thanks

mailman390 said:
Sorry I made a mistake.....my install date is 2/23. They have me down for a 811,322 and 111 but I bought a 322 on my own and hope to use it instead of the 111. Yes, I do have 5 tv's. Should I rewire the house myself and save the installer time or have them do it? I do realize that there will be 2 cables for each 322. Thanks

If you want to purchase the cable and do it yourself, you certainly can. Some people prefer to do it themselves to ensure it's done the way they want it. Others don't want to crawl around their attic/basement and choose to let the installer do it.

We still need to know where your locals will be from to comfirm a SuperDISH.

About the locals...you need to know the town I live in or the town the channels come from? Also I did get a $50 credit towards my first bill. AntennaWeb says my locals come from New Haven CT. Compass 310 degrees form 2 stations and 257 for the 3rd.

chaddux said:
Obviously, that won't be enough. With five tuners, it's likely that he has five TVs...
I caught that, just didn't say anything about the 811 he mentioned because I wasn't suggesting changing or dropping it. A household with that many TVs is a good candidate for the xx2 model dual-tuner DVRs that can share recordings between 2 TVs.

mailman390 said:
If you do decide to do the wiring, leave the cable ends bare as the installer will have good quality connectors and tools to do the job professionally.
You will need to know where the dish(s) will be installed and where the switch will be installed if one or two are used.
I have a DPP switch installed under the eaves directly below where the dishes are installed and a second DP switch installed in the garage. I did most of the installation myself.

hello

chaddux said:
You're installation date is March 23rd?! Did you request that date?

Are you paying for any of those receivers? You are exceeding the four tuners included for free under normal promotions.

We will need to know where your locals are coming from to confirm a SuperDISH. They will need to re-wire the house anyway. Each 322 will require TWO cables each from the switch to those receivers. It is highly recommended that the cables be RG-6.
Question: The 2 cables that go to each 322, do they both go back to the switch or does one go to the second tv? I'm not sure where my dish is going to be installed. I'd like to have it mounted on the side of my house just below the roofline. But if it's a Superdish they might have to pole mount it. Do the switches get installed outside or inside (basement where all cables go)? Thanks for all your help. Needless to say I'm new to this satellite stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts