Questions on Cancelling Dish

jrapps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2004
I am unfortunately going to cancel Dish, been with them for almost 20 years but the time has come to cut the cord. I had a few questions:
  1. When I call to cancel, will my TV service stop immediately or will it continue to work until I mail the boxes back to them? I am paid thru the end of the month
  2. Will they pro-rate me any refund?
  3. Do I need to pay to ship the equipment back?
  4. There is no way I can get to the roof to get the Dish or LNB down. Will that be an issue?
  5. When I first got the hopper system I had to pay an extra $50 for the 4K joey. Does that mean I "own" it or did I just pay an upgrade fee for the pleasure of leasing it? And if I do own it, what do I do with it?
Thanks

You can cancel your service and get a prorated refund
, but you have to pay shipping on returning their box. If you got your 4k Joey from Dish, Dish owns it and it also has to be returned. They will send you boxes for returns. Tell them the Dish is on the roof and you do not feel safe going up there. They will wave the lnb returnand they do not want the Dish back.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks....still unsure of my first question...when I call to cancel, will my TV service stop immediately or will it continue to work until I mail the boxes back to them?

Thanks....still unsure of my first question...when I call to cancel, will my TV service stop immediately or will it continue to work until I mail the boxes back to them?
I'm getting ready to call them and cancel with the stipulation to end service on my last billing date, the 20th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts