Questions on getting Dish service

ardbell

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 15, 2004
Papillion,NE
This is what I would like to do. I would like to get Dish at the end of August for college football season and then suspened it in January and pick it back up next football season. Am I better off leasing the 622 or buying it? I figure after I suspend the account I will be required to send back the unit. What are the charges for suspending the account and will I be charged the lease fee again?

They will only charge you the lease fee once. Whether they will let you suspend your account when you are under a lease agreement is another question. You might want to call Dish and talk to them.

to my knowledge,most dish contracts involve $240 cancellation fee. also if you lease the equip , you have to keep their minimun package for the entire contract.if you get a promotion that doesn't require a commitment- then you can send your reciever back or put acct on hold for 6 months. ask them about dish pause.

Pausing or holding an account will cause a local retailer to lose money, so do this through Dish directly, and make dang sure you get it IN WRITING (good luck!) that you can suspend your service without paying a cancellastion fee.

Since I'm not a Dish rep or retailer, I don't even try and keep up with different packages, promotions, and terms & conditions. However, some possible options that you might want to look into are:

1. Maybe another family member has a dish account that could establish a vacation account at your location. I've heard that Dish was cooperative on stopping and starting service for vacation homes. You may have to own the equipment. I don't know if both locations would need the same programming or not, or if each is treated as a separate account.

2. Buy your equipment and start a new account on a month to month basis. Then stop it when you are finish. Restart it again when ready, and I believe it will be a $25 charge.

3. Sadoun is advertising some month to month units that you use a prepaid card for. I believe it works on regular programming, PPV, and Adult channels, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for sports packages.

SmityWhity said:
3. Sadoun is advertising some month to month units that you use a prepaid card for.

The prepaid system is #3 here: http://sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Satellite-systems/Dish-Network-Systems.htm

Dish Network has just announced in their fact blast report that New Programming Planned to Launch in DishNOW / ¡DishYA! in August 2006.

They plan to launch AT120, AT180, DishLATINO Plus, DishLATINO Dos, and DishLATINO Max entertainment packages mid-August 2006. Right now the $30 prepaid card will work with AT60,DishLatino, and some of the International programming packs.

Dual-Tuner Receiver Planned to Launch in DishNOW / ¡DishYA! in August 2006 – There is also growing interest among customers to have DishNOW / ¡DishYA! programming in more than one room in their house. DN is planning to offer model 322 receivers in the DishNOW / ¡DishYA! program by late-August/early-September 2006.

Last edited:
The best way to do this would be to purchase a receiver and then you can cancel with no fees at any time, or as someone suggested you can put the receiver on a vacation account that someone with dish can set up, or put it on their account just make sure that if they call to verify the equipment that you take the receiver to the customers home with the original receivers and connect to run their verification test. If you set up a lease acct there is an 18 month commitment and a $240 cancelation fee that is prorated by month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)