Questions on superdish/hd installation and 942 receiver

barryb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
I have a installation scheduled for the superdish and 61.5 second dish for hd. I had Voom and had two lines into the house, one for satellite and one for OTA. Will any new lines need to come into house? Will the installer be able to use the current satellite line to bring in the superdish and 61.5 satellite? What switches or splitters will be used?

Question on output of 942 - Does the 942 output native resolution? When tuned to SD channel will the output either by DVI or Comp. be upconverted to 1080i/920p or will it be 480i? If upconverted how is the pq. Would I need to connect both sd and hd connection and switch inputs on TV?

Thanks,
Barry

The coax used for the satellite dish to receiver must be RG-6 rated for 2Ghz. If it was previously used for Voom I would assume it's usable for this install. The LNB for 61.5 may need to be replaced with dishpro series in order to be combined with superdish. You should also receive a DP+44 switch with your superdish because of the second dish (61.5) equipment. Normally two lines are needed for dual tuner but because of the DP+44 switch a single line can be used with a DP separator installed at the receiver.

Since you have an HDTV you will use the HDMI (or DVI with the supplied converter cable) or component outputs. You should configure your setting to either 1080i or 720p (which ever is the best setting your set provides) and all SD content will be upconverted. If you decide to use the second output that will be a coax line using a UHF channel to a standard TV therefore it always displays SD quality.

Thanks,
How good is the upconverted SD pq on the 942?
Thanks,
Barry

barryb said:
How good is the upconverted SD pq on the 942?
I have the 921 the SD quality of satellite channels is pretty decent but SD/ED from OTA is superb. I'm fairly sure the 942 would be the same. For HD the DVI output has less overscan issue than the component output. But component had more color saturation. Both had the same resolution using the HD test pattern screen from HDNet channel 9422 (8:00 - 8:10 AM every Tuesday). I recommend the DVI (or HDMI in your case).

Dish 510 drive replace

Anyone have more info on the 942s usb 2.0 HD backup feature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)