Quick 510 question

SAEMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Hey all,

I have a 510, I'm still a relatively new Dish person, about a month, I have a 510 downstairs and the 301 upstairs and my question is, my guide only goes to about 2 and a half days. Should it be a weeklong guide? If so, is there someway I can fix this?

If not, no big deal, just curious.

Thanks in advance

Mike,

My 510 guide goes out 8 days, and always has. You may need to shut your box off for a while so it can download all the available guide data. It won't do it while on, and if you normally leave your unit on all the time (like I do), you'll notice your lookahead on the guide data getting shorter and shorter (until there is none).

I have no experience with the 300 series.

- Tim

WJMorales commented:
> If your not getting signal from 110 then you can only get the 44 hour guide from the 119 Sat. <

Interesting! I did not know that. Thanks for the info.

(Also, now that I think about it, I guess it is 9 days, not 8. E.g., today (Thursday), plus Friday-Friday.)

- Tim

I believe I've read that you can get 110 in alaska. altho it requires a 4' dish. probably not worth it for you... i don't think there's any other channels on the 110 satellite that are included in the top 120, maybe a few public interest channels, but that's about it.

AppliedAggression said:
I believe I've read that you can get 110 in alaska. altho it requires a 4' dish. probably not worth it for you... i don't think there's any other channels on the 110 satellite that are included in the top 120, maybe a few public interest channels, but that's about it.

Yeah, it's a really expensive upgrade to get the 110 satellite. The only real benefit I would get out of it is being able to get the Extra Innings package. If I was going to spend that much on equipment though, I'd get the six foot dish and get DirecTV so I could get the NFL package.

Not sure I can qualify for WPIX, and I'm thinking the baseball games might be blacked out like they are on the RSNs. I was thinking about that after you mentioned it, but I looked online and it says the only superstations I qualify for A la Carte are the UPN ones, and when I was browsing my guide today, the Red Sox game on one of the Superstations was blacked out.

The games are not blacked out on WPIX. If you qualify for Superstations, you should be able to get WPIX a la carte, if it's on the 119 bird. Even if you have to get the Supers Package, it's probably worth $6 month to a guy with a Mets avatar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)