Quick 622 Question

jcrash

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Tulsa
Well, two questions.

1) Will I get all the functionality from my 622 with my current SW-64 switch?

2) Can it record two satellite programs while I watch something live on the OTA antenna?

Thanks for the answers. We got it installed yesterday. How do I record two things while watching another thing live? FWIW, I have it in dual mode.

Just set up the receiver to record, there's lots of ways to do this. Then, in your case with the 622 and OTA, tune it to one of the OTA channel. It will give you a warning if the changing of the channel causes you to stop a recording, but that shouldn't happen.

Max Wright said:
Just set up the receiver to record, there's lots of ways to do this. Then, in your case with the 622 and OTA, tune it to one of the OTA channel. It will give you a warning if the changing of the channel causes you to stop a recording, but that shouldn't happen.
The 622 can record 3 HD events simultaneously (TV1 SAT;TV1 OTA;TV2 SAT) and you can watch two pre-recorded programs while the other three are recording - that's 5 simultaneous events. Quite a load on the CPU.

If you are recording OTA and change channel to a satellite channel it's ok. Your recording will not stop. It will only warn that it will stop if you try to change it to another OTA channel.

Dirtydan said:
You can only watch a previously recorded program while recording two programs.

Only partially true. You can watch a previously recorded program while recording two programs off the satellite AND you can record a third program at the same time, if you have an OTA antenna hooked up and record the third program off the OTA tuner.

AND you can record a third program at the same time, if you have an OTA antenna hooked up and record the third program off the OTA tuner.

AND you can watch the third program off the OTA tuner live (don't have to record). My wife does this all the time, and is one of the things she was most excited about our upgrade to the 622. She can now have two things recording on the sat tuners, and still browse on the OTA tuner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts