quick newbie q about 2nd tv

burritoboy9984

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Dallas
Is there a way to make the shows recorded in hd have the correct aspect ratio on the second tv(over coax)?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

It will be the same ar as TV1, but you can press the * button to change the output format.

On my 2 secondary tv's with the 722 and 222 there are black bars on the top and bottom of the hd broadcast... So it basically squishes it into almost a 2:1 ar... If I press * for the format it offers zoom, etc... but then I am missing the stuff on the side of the picture...

-Erik

On my 2 secondary tv's with the 722 and 222 there are black bars on the top and bottom of the hd broadcast... So it basically squishes it into almost a 2:1 ar... If I press * for the format it offers zoom, etc... but then I am missing the stuff on the side of the picture...

-Erik

I have a standard 16:9 aspect 720p LCD as TV2. Without doing anything the aspect ratio stays perfect...I get wide screen (not stretched) in SD on TV2. It's great...a really nice and unexpected feature. I did not have to change any of the "format" setting on the receiver and I have no black bars.

TV2 was designed with SD TV in mind, using it with a 16:9 display will require you to adjust the settings on the display, there is no way to change the TV2 aspect ratio without adversely effecting the TV1 picture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)