Quick Poll

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Are you jumping ship?

• Yes Im calling up another service provider now

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • No, I can care less

Votes: 136 52.7%
  • No, Im stuck in a contract

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • yes, as soon as my contract is up

Votes: 49 19.0%

• Total voters
Staying

I am staying with dish the dvr is way better. i have had both.i personally like dish picture quality better.i do want some more hd and sure we'll get it pretty soon.everyone has there wants and needs as far as hd goes.i myself want speed hd real bad and will get sometime in the near future.dish will come thru for us. i remember not to long ago we were all yelling add voom!!
:D just my opinion

One more option. No contract, but losing patience. I'm looking soon. Must have an OTA tuner and be able to run one line. I'm not sure if the new D* switch is being used yet.

S~

A few more options would be nice. Like I am holding am not happy about the lack of newer HD, voom sucks and I don't want to switch just yet becasue D* does not do OTA and their DVR is not as nice as Dish, but I will probably down grade my service for now and watch more HD/BD discs.

I'm dumping Dish when my contract is up in March because of it not offering Extra Innings or NHL Network in SD.

Not in any contract, but staying with Dish for now! Wife hates when I change providers and get different channel #s! Plus we do like our Dvr's and the ability to run a second tv from it! Would be nice to have more of the new HD channels that are coming available, but we will be patiant and see what happens!

I have both, Direct for baseball and Dish for everything else. Quite happy with Dish and I know they will come through and I am a very patient guy who doesn't use threats to get what they want.

While I am not jumping ship, it's not because I "could care less". Of course I want more HD... and a couple other channels that are available on the other provider, but, it's not enough to make me jump ship. I've been very happy with Dish and actually have always gotten pretty good service (other than my rebate issue as of late). I don't care much for D*'s hardware or user interface... I know, with time, Dish is going to have the HD content we want and I'm willing to wait it out.

I'm not going anywhere. I would be spending anywhere from $25-$35 more per month to go with DirecTV or Comcast in order to get the channels that I NEED...(okay, need is a bit strong, but I do watch A LOT of soccer).

I've been on the original flavor HD Pak with my 811 for 2 years now, so in February, when I upgrade to the 211 and $10 Essentials Pak, I'll get my 15 "New" HD Channels. :)

Dish is planning for 3 sat launches. That doesn't sound like they are shying away from improvements to me. These things don't happen overnite. I'm sure they'll be new HD on the way.

My contract is up in August. If Dish hasn't made some moves towards expanding their HD offerings (i.e. launch new sats), and don't have my locals in HD by then, I'm out. They've strung me along for 2 years already...

My contract is up in August. If Dish hasn't made some moves towards expanding their HD offerings (i.e. launch new sats), and don't have my locals in HD by then, I'm out. They've strung me along for 2 years already...
Two satellites are done and waiting for a rocket to go up on. They should have launched last year, but didn't because of problems with ILS and Sea Launch. Echostar doesn't have it's own corporate launch facility in Denver or Wyoming (but not a bad idea given the number of slots they've applied to operate from).

The third, a Canadian satellite that Dish will use extensively from 129°, is scheduled to launch late this year, so I suspect that one is close to completion also.

I suspect that those are moves towards expanding their HD offerings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts