Quick question about Febs digital conversion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shortspark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2007
texas
I have a 622 and an HD projector hooked up via HDMI. I know I do not need a converter box but I have a question about the conversion next month. Right now I watch mostly HD programming but there a few channels such as Ovation and TCM which are not HD. The picture is terrible, as you can imagine watching on a 106" projector screen. I know they will not be HD or look anything like HD but will these SD channels look better after the conversion than they do now?

Nope only Broadcast is going digital TCM is digital already. Digital and Hi def are 2 differant things. Hi def is 720p 1080i and 1080p Digital is 480p or what u see on TCM.
Indeed, HDTV is digital - but not all digital is HDTV.
HD is the new standard of television technology. It provides 1080 lines of resolution compared to the 480 lines of resolution on standard Digital service. HDTV offers wide-screen picture viewing with quality similar to 35mm film along with compact disc (CD) sound quality. From a viewer's perspective, High Definition translates to better visual and acoustic enjoyment when watching TV. Wide screen is defined as 16:9 ratio of width to height. An analog TV has a 4:3 ratio.

So all the SD channels on Dish are digital already.

Nope only Broadcast is going digital TCM is digital already. Digital and Hi def are 2 differant things. Hi def is 720p 1080i and 1080p Digital is 480p or what u see on TCM.
Indeed, HDTV is digital - but not all digital is HDTV.
HD is the new standard of television technology. It provides 1080 lines of resolution compared to the 480 lines of resolution on standard Digital service. HDTV offers wide-screen picture viewing with quality similar to 35mm film along with compact disc (CD) sound quality. From a viewer's perspective, High Definition translates to better visual and acoustic enjoyment when watching TV. Wide screen is defined as 16:9 ratio of width to height. An analog TV has a 4:3 ratio.

So all the SD channels on Dish are digital already.

Thanks for that information. Basically then, it looks like what I have now is what I'll have in the future as my local broadcast stations (OTA) are already digital and of course Dish channels will be the same too. Except for a few channel number changes, I should see no difference whatsoever in Feb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)