Quick question about moving around Joey before I make move to Hopper???

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
before I make the upgrade to the hopper and Joey I have a quick question - I currently have 2 coax lines coming from dish to central wiring closet. From that same central wiring closet I have a single coax going to every room. If I get a hopper and a Joey can I easily move that Joey from bedroom to basement if I want to, assuming I have a single coax going to both the bedroom and the basement back to that central wiring closet? Will there be an adapter/converter/diplexer/something in that wiring closet that I will have to change from bedroom coax to basement coax before it will work if I carry it down there?

I don't want to have 2 Joey because I'll never be watching tv from both rooms at the same time.

Just as an FYI I currently have a 622 in main living room and a 211 in basement that I would trade both of them back in. In my bedroom I currently back feed from the 622 and I run a 2nd long HD run from the 622 back to the bedroom for an HD feed.

Thanks for the info, it will help me decide whether or not to upgrade.

You can have both coaxes (bedroom and basement) live all the time. Your two coaxes from the dish to the closet would go to a node. From that node you have a coax that feeds the Hopper and then the other two get connected via a splitter from that same node. You will be able to easily move the Joey back and forth. But, for $7 a month it might be easier to simply add two Joeys.

Thanks. I know the wireless Joey or the 2nd Joey would work but for the little amount of time it "may" get used I don't want to go that route. But I want to make sure the wiring is ready just in case I ever want to take it there.

Do I need to request any specific part for that node or splitter or would they be installing that anyway? Do they still use the diplexers like they use on my old 622?

I do this, I have a Joey in my theater but when my Mother-in-law comes to visit (not often) I move that Joey to her bedroom - all of my Joeys (I have another in the master bedroom) run off a single coax from the node in the basement with just standard splitters sending coax to each room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)