Quincy Broadcasting to purchase stations from Granite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tank

Original poster
Dec 13, 2004
Glendive, MT
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/local-tv/quincy-newspapers-acquires-granite-trio/129102
http://www.careersatquincy.com/story/24687009/quincy-to-acquire-stations-from-granite-and-malara

Quincy has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the broadcast assets of three television stations from Granite Broadcasting Corporation and one station owned by Malara Broadcasting. Additionally, Quincy will provide operating services to four other stations. The transaction is subject to federal regulatory approval. The closing is expected later this year.

The acquired stations include WEEK-TV (NBC) in the Peoria/Bloomington, IL market; WPTA (ABC/CW) in the Ft. Wayne, IN market; KBJR (NBC/MyTV) and its satellite, KRII, in the Duluth, MN/Superior, WI market; and WBNG (CBS/CW) in Binghamton, NY.

In addition to owning and operating the newly acquired stations, Quincy will provide operating services to several stations. Those stations include WHOI (ABC/CW) and WAOE (MyTV/ATV) in Peoria/Bloomington, IL, as well as stations to be acquired by SagamoreHill Broadcasting, WISE (NBC/MyTV) in Ft. Wayne, IN and KDLH (CBS/CW) in Duluth, MN/Superior, WI.

one thing i noticed about the existing Quincy stations (not the ones they are buying) is Quincy seems to pair up with CW (in HD), metv or thistv if its not right now available. So this may be a good thing for some areas to gain an extra subchannel or two.

I posted about the sale of WMYD to my Facebook timeline, and was surprised to see that WISE is labeled as "WISE-TV LICENSE, LLC" on the FCC website when I did some further investigation. I don't think that was like that yesterday. I figured something must be up since they quit using "Indiana's News Center" and started a different flavor of newscast a while back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts