quirks of my 522

david in texas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Hello all,

I've had my 522 for about 2 weeks and I'm noticing a couple of quirks. One of which is the afore mentioned audio drops.

The other is with my Caller ID. Probably close to 75% of the time the information is not being displayed on the screen when the phone rings. Is this a known bug?

Also, when I press pause there is a slight delay in the pause.

Are any of these items that Dish would consider sending me a replacement unit? Furthermore any idea if these are maybe being addressed in a software fix?

Thanks,
David

I have a CID problem too. My 522 will say "out of area" OR "unavailable" .... However my caller ID phone displays the correct name and number on the handset? I first thought the CID wasn't being sent, but then noticed the CID unit and handset display the info !!!! See if yours is doing it also.

I get audio dropouts and a video glitch about the same time on recorded content.
When I hit pause the video stops but the audio seems to continue for less than a second.
caller ID, with S/W 232 It worked when the box was first connected but a few days latter I found out that when anyone called me they were getting disconnected after the first ring. Nothing showed on any of the caller ID dispalys in my house.
I disabled caller ID on the 522 and that fixed the caller ID problem.
I have not tried it with S/W 233 to see what it does now.

The problems I have seem to be the Norm for the 522.
Others have reported much worse problems.
At this point Im not willing to risk requesting a replacement and getting a 522 with worse problems than I have now .

Caller ID on the 322 and 522 is shaky at best. I have numbers that come through that are listed as "unknown" on the CID from my phone company, although the number comes through OK. I figured these are either cell numbers or people who don't list their number for 411. However, the CID on the 522 lists no info at all.

Just an FYI tidbit, if you want anonymity while using your cell phone, just note that T-mobile actually provides name and number info (to Verizon at least in my area). My name and number from my cell shows up on my CID. Most of the other wireless carriers that I've expierienced don't do this.

I have noticed someone that I put a 522 in for have an issue with Caller ID. Also the audio seems to begin before the video and there are delayed responses to my DVR commands from the remote. You see the actual icon pop up when you select the receiver to do that DVR command but it does not do it right away but is delayed. I think the 721 once had the audio ahead of the video as jtravel described above and the delayed response as well but got fixed later on. I hope it is just a matter of time before its fixed.

This may explain why we don't see caller ID all of the time.

"Caller ID messaging will not show on screen during an Event Timer set to record. This is to prevent the Caller ID information from being recorded to your tape. "

This info came from: http://www.dishnetwork.com/popUps/customerCare/troubleShooting/misc2.shtml?section=customerCare

But CID does come up while watching an event you previously recorded which sucks when you're trying to save a recording to tape or DVD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts