Quite possibly, one of the greatest college basketball games of all time!

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
WOW, what a game last night, MY Orangemen BOUNCE #4 UCONN in...get this...6 OTs 127-117!! That's right...SIX OTs!!!

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=290710041"]Syracuse Orange vs. Connecticut Huskies - Recap - March 12, 2009 - ESPN[/ame]

I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning. I thought for sure that Syracuse would lose since they didn't have the lead at any point in the second half.

I wouldn't say it was "one of the greatest games of all time". It was one of the longest games in history, which led to much drama, but from what I saw, it was a pretty sloppy game.

Either way, go 'Cuse! Awesome win!

I couldn't believe it when I woke up this morning. I thought for sure that Syracuse would lose since they didn't have the lead at any point in the second half.

The most incredible thing is Syracuse never lead at ANY point of the first FIVE overtimes!!! Talk about resiliency!!

I hear ya. SportsCenter did a pretty good job with the highlights this morning. I should have known it was going to be a memorable game just from the way that regulation ended...

I really expect Syracuse to be FLAT today and I honestly do not think they will win. But if they do, DAMN those kids have a great conditioning program!! After last night, I would be sleeping for a week!

I really expect Syracuse to be FLAT today and I honestly do not think they will win. But if they do, DAMN those kids have a great conditioning program!! After last night, I would be sleeping for a week!

I dunno. I think the excitement from last night will carry over. These kids are in college. They've got plenty of energy.

I wouldn't say it was "one of the greatest games of all time". It was one of the longest games in history, which led to much drama, but from what I saw, it was a pretty sloppy game.

Either way, go 'Cuse! Awesome win!

Sloppy? That made me laugh. I would consider a lot of turnovers sloppy. Syracuse had 16 of them in 70 minutes of basketball and hit almost 80% of their free throws. Near the end the kids were just exhausted, Syracuse especially I'm sure.

I watched from about 5 minutes into the game (had just walked in from seeing Miss March, which was TERRIBLE in case anyone was going to see it) until the end and that was easily the best game college game I have ever seen. The officials only had a few bad calls including some missed ones (the Devendorf bump on the fast break) but all and all they did a great job, I'm sure they were tired too, lol.

I think I will try and make it up there for the tournament in the next few years, I'm a UC (University of Chumps, lol) and Bob Huggins fan.

Bill

I stayed up, and am going to MSG tonight for both games.

No sleep during the tourneys!

I salute you. With the Final Four being so close next year I will be sending in my hard earned monies for the chance to go but in the meantime will enjoy my 4 TV's and no work starting on Thursday and ending in exhaustion on Sunday.

This was last years insane idea, it started as "Cupcake Madness" and is now affectionately referred to as "Cupcake Sadness"
crazy.jpg

Bill

Sloppy? That made me laugh. I would consider a lot of turnovers sloppy. Syracuse had 16 of them in 70 minutes of basketball and hit almost 80% of their free throws. Near the end the kids were just exhausted, Syracuse especially I'm sure.

Sorry you feel that way. From Jim Calhoun himself...

"We lost the game because we turned the ball over 27 times and couldn't make a foul shot," Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun said.

BTW, I'm not trying to take anything away from this epic game at all. It was a great game. Just a basic observation on my part. It was indeed a helluva game and will be remembered for a very long time. I wouldn't call it "the greatest games ever" though at the OP suggested.

I wouldn't call it "the greatest games ever" though at the OP suggested.

Geez....if you are gonna quote me, at least quote me CORRECTLY:

.."QUITE POSSIBLY, one of the greatest college basketball games of all time"...

..does not say "THE greatest game"....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)