Quote from Dish correct for 211 upgrade?

The Marquis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I just got off the phone with Dish Network. I was trying to upgrade my 811 receiver to the 211. Their offer for the receiver was a $100 charge with a $100 rebate, which is just silly, but fine. After that they wanted to charge me an extra $10/month for additional HD programming, something I don't want. So I asked if I could get the receiver without the programming and they said that doing it that way would cost me a $6/month enabling fee.

Can that $6/month enabling fee be correct? I don't understand what they're charging me for there.

for having a box with out hd program. let's see wright now you get 5-10 hd channels the new pack is over 35 thats why its more a month.
if you don't want more HD then why upgrade

for having a box with out hd program. let's see wright now you get 5-10 hd channels the new pack is over 35 thats why its more a month.
if you don't want more HD then why upgrade

Because I'd like to run my box in 720p mode, and when I switch the 811 from 1080i to 720p, my PQ suffers dramatically. I've been advised that this wont be the case with the 211.

Because I'd like to run my box in 720p mode, and when I switch the 811 from 1080i to 720p, my PQ suffers dramatically. I've been advised that this wont be the case with the 211.

From my experience, 1080I just plain looks better on most tv's. This seems to hold true even when the set is a 720P set.

My theory is that both the broadcasters and the TV set chip makers are optimizing their equipment for 1080I because that is how most average consumers configure their TV's.

From my experience, 1080I just plain looks better on most tv's. This seems to hold true even when the set is a 720P set.

My theory is that both the broadcasters and the TV set chip makers are optimizing their equipment for 1080I because that is how most average consumers configure their TV's.

Yeah, my problem is that I bought an LCD that I want to run as a secondary screen, and it only supports 720p.