Qustion about new UI hope someone can help

wich way would be better too an has the least proublems with it. download new Ui or get new hopper3 .
i want the new UI . i have hopper with sling now . to get new UI wich should i go with least pproubloms.
I'd ask if I'd like 16 tuners..... issues get resolved....

The new UI is a downgrade in my opinion. The Hopper 3 hardware improvements make it tolerable or worthwhile. Get a Hopper 3 if you want the new interface. Otherwise, wait until the new interface becomes more feature laden and less buggy.

Reactions: Troch77
The new UI is a downgrade in my opinion. The Hopper 3 hardware improvements make it tolerable or worthwhile. Get a Hopper 3 if you want the new interface. Otherwise, wait until the new interface becomes more feature laden and less buggy.

Buggy is a huge exaggeration...

I've only experienced a few very minor issues, none requiring a reset.

Buggy is exactly the right term to use. Software problems that cause the device to not work or work in unintended ways are "bugs." Bugs do not always manifest themselves the same with every user and some users actually use their equipment differently than other users. There are NUMEROUS documented issues with the software at this time. (I will not list them all because I do not have time) Some of these issues are not such a big deal, but others are indeed a very big deal to certain users. Nonetheless, buggy is the correct description, if you don't understand this then you don't understand anything about software development.

Buggy is a huge understatement! !
Maybe the H3s are better , but H2s don't like it.
I don't like Loading Netflix every time the Huge black box appears on the screen.
It's either that or Reboot.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I often wonder if DTV and other providers have people that just troll forums to bash competitors service/equipment in hopes of running off customers.

I have 16 tuners and no more conflicts in recordings, even if I had to reboot every so often (and I do not) H3 kicks butt.

I often wonder if DTV and other providers have people that just troll forums to bash competitors service/equipment in hopes of running off customers.

I have 16 tuners and no more conflicts in recordings, even if I had to reboot every so often (and I do not) H3 kicks butt.

The competitor's only hope against the Hopper3 is to try and get enough trolls to spread the BS. :)

I often wonder if people just say things are fine when their not just to try and increase customers and draw attention away from actual consumer issues.

There is certainly no shortage of "Yes men" for Directv and Dish.

With the multiple posted issues on the UI, I would say the real trolls are the ones that have to come into an issues thread and say "My equipment works fine"

That's all over the issues threads.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I often wonder if people just say things are fine when their not just to try and increase customers and draw attention away from actual consumer issues.

There is certainly no shortage of "Yes men" for Directv and Dish.

With the multiple posted issues on the UI, I would say the real trolls are the ones that have to come into an issues thread and say "My equipment works fine"

That's all over the issues threads.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
A simple "YES" would have done. You didn't have to prove my point by trolling more.

Reactions: JSheridan
A simple "YES" would have done. You didn't have to prove my point by trolling more.
I think you need to look up the definition of trolling.
I Have 2 Hoppers with sling with the new UI.
I have enough experience to answer the TS questions.
If you'd like you can go over to the 204 issues thread and actually view the issues before you continue gripe about other members posts.

Enjoy your Hopper 3, Because the H2s with the New UI are flawed significantly.

I would NOT recommend a forced download on an H2 if you are a novice to the new UI.
S529 is far more stable and functional.

You guys seriously need to stop pulling the "Troll" card every time you see something you don't like.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)