Qustions on HD locals

Lars

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
Before I add Dish to my house, I need to ask a specific question on local HD channels. I assume that the Dish program guide (specifically the 942 DVR) integrates local OTA HD channels into the guide to allow you to record from them. My question is a bit more sticky. I cannot receive local HDs via antenna due to my location behind a mountain. However, my local cable company sends the local HD channels in the clear via the standard cable subscription if you buy basic cable and have your own OTA HD tuner. The problem I foresee is that the channels are not delivered on their standard frequency, but instead are on other frequencies they modulate them to. Assuming the E* receiver scans and finds the channels, would I still get guide info? Is there any method for mapping your own channels to the guide, etc?

I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a related question. My understanding is that PG information for OTA locals is mapped from satellite locals. That is well and good, but what about digital subchannels (like PBS-HD) that will not have an SD feed coming from the satellite? Will the 942 decode guide information from the incoming OTA signal or will digital that don't have SD versions simply not have guide information?

Thanks,
CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts