QVC in HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Its up and in testings.

In todays uplink report 4137 is QVC HD. :)

Word I am getting is it will launch the week of May 5th.... (But consider that a rumor of course!) :)

Attachments

• 137.jpg
    137.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 174
QVC-HD .. LOL, we jealous that we cant get such great channel. I need to switch to DN one day.

QVC-HD .. LOL, we jealous that we cant get such great channel. I need to switch to DN one day.

I've got it on cable and it isn't half bad. The one thing you do notice is that the HD quality is very good (easy to notice on CV as most of the HD channels look like cr*p). It may be that QVC demands that the channel receive a certain bitrate (bandwidth?), since AFAIK they pay to have it carried. That could also be a wrinkle in the negotiations, but who knows?

I've got it on cable and it isn't half bad. The one thing you do notice is that the HD quality is very good (easy to notice on CV as most of the HD channels look like cr*p). It may be that QVC demands that the channel receive a certain bitrate (bandwidth?), since AFAIK they pay to have it carried. That could also be a wrinkle in the negotiations, but who knows?

well on the master feed they only have half a transponder in MPEG2 for both the HD & SD feed. The HD feed doesnt look too bad considering its MPEG2

oh I agree
There is a reason when sports are upllinked on a satellite (the raw feed...not the compressed Dish/Directv feed) they use the whole transponder :)

Oh how I wish I had the master feed of every channel I sub too with Dish :) It's so sad when one wishes for an unmolested version of a channel he/she already pays for!!!

Oh how I wish I had the master feed of every channel I sub too with Dish :) It's so sad when one wishes for an unmolested version of a channel he/she already pays for!!!

Especially in hd! There is a bunch up there on cband, but no one can sub to them other than cable company's. Charlie needs to start a new version of 4dtv and hell have me as a customer! especially if it got every high def channel uncompressed master HD feed that I sub to today!

I hate it on SD! Why bother to watch it on HD! What a waste of bandwith!

My wife would disagree with you.

The recently up linked BBCA and FSC are still red in my guide. I'm going to bet that QVC HD will not be even though it'll still be on a transponder that Dish doesn't think I can see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts