QVC is now on some Ion affiliates

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Noticed recently on TitanTV my local Ion showing QVC on a -5 but never showed in a scan

until today...showed up on a scan on 41-5 (KPXM-DT5) Minneapolis

Checking out a couple other forums and folks have noticed it in Cleveland, Philly and Dallas. So its possible it will be on all O&O Ion affiliates (there are some non O&O affiliates)

Its the HD channel squished onto a SD channel so black bar on top and bottom

4 sub channels! :eek: What does the main HD channel look like? Our Ct. PBS dropped their 4th one when they just couldn't squeeze enough out of the bandwidth.

All Ion O&O have 3 subchannels to being with (Qubo, IonLife and IShop)

Ion looks good. The rest there isnt alot of bandwidth given to them to begin with.

Here in Minneapolis we have 2 stations with 3 subchannels on them
RF29
WFTC (My) in HD
Fox in SD (maps to 9-2... both Fox and My are owned by Fox here so they cross promote as Fox is on RF9)
Movies!
Bounce

RF45
KSTC Independent (sister station to ABC) in HD
MeTV
AntennaTV
ThisTV

All Ion O&O have 3 subchannels to being with (Qubo, IonLife and IShop)

Ion looks good. The rest there isnt alot of bandwidth given to them to begin with.

Here in Minneapolis we have 2 stations with 3 subchannels on them
RF29
WFTC (My) in HD
Fox in SD (maps to 9-2... both Fox and My are owned by Fox here so they cross promote as Fox is on RF9)
Movies!
Bounce

RF45
KSTC Independent (sister station to ABC) in HD
MeTV
AntennaTV
ThisTV

That seems so strange,to have MY net in HD,and Fox as an sd sub channel.

There is more to it though.....

Both our Fox and My are owned by Fox themselves. When the conversion happened KMSP Fox 9 moved back to RF9. Now we all know what happened to VHF Hi stations at the conversion (the reception sucked rocks) so Fox cross promoted the 2 stations (they do this in other markets where Fox is on VHF like Phoenix)

RF9
9-1 Fox 9 in HD
29-2 My29 in SD

RF29
29-1 My29 in HD
29-2 Fox 9 in SD
29-3 Bounce
29-4 Movies!

There is more to it though.....

Both our Fox and My are owned by Fox themselves. When the conversion happened KMSP Fox 9 moved back to RF9. Now we all know what happened to VHF Hi stations at the conversion (the reception sucked rocks) so Fox cross promoted the 2 stations (they do this in other markets where Fox is on VHF like Phoenix)

RF9
9-1 Fox 9 in HD
29-2 My29 in SD

RF29
29-1 My29 in HD
29-2 Fox 9 in SD
29-3 Bounce
29-4 Movies!
Interesting. I've yet to see this in Detroit but probably because our My station is owned by Granite broadcasting.

The only markets where they do this is Mpls, Phoenix, LA and NYC

Markets where Fox owns both Fox and My
NYC, LA, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, DC, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando, and Charlotte

Rats, got it in Tulsa now on the .5 channel, along with qubo, IonLife and Ishop. Main HD channel still looks good, was hoping we could get Antenna TV or Movies! added in Tulsa, not qvc.

It's also .5 in Boston. PQ isn't bad at all. Of course QVC is also on Roku in HD if that is important

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

QVC

Getting it in Eastern Ct on 26-5, WHPX-TV and the PQ is good. Don't know if it's on the other Ion station in my area, 69 virt, 17 real, WPXQ-DT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)