R.I.P. Sherwood Schwartz

Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. Sherwood! My daughter bought me the complete Gilligans Island collection on DVD a few years ago, and it still makes me laugh. :D:D

I told my 8 year old son a few weeks ago that my favorite TV show was Gilligan's Island. When he said "what's that" I ordered the complete series from Amazon and we sat there one day and watched a number of episodes... my son turned to me when it was time to go to bed and asked me "Daddy how come they don't make good shows like this anymore?"

Since then we have spent many hours watching our Gilligan's Island collection together.

Thanks Mr. Schwartz for the laughs!

My kids love his shows as well . Both the Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island. The Television critics at the time didn't understand why viewers liked the shows he did. While I agree with the critics sometimes I didn't in this case. It was all about fun. Who didn't want to have a family like the Brady Bunch? When they did the movie Rescue from Gilligan's Island it was one of the highest rated shows that year.
FYI, Check out the Brady Bunch episode when they went to Kings Island Ohio. It was called the Cincinnati Kids . His son Lloyd has a small part in that show . He wears a bear outfit and takes off his head to talk to Greg. At about 2:30 in . http://youtu.be/mgY5Jw8IaGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts