R15-100 Overheating Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kingofdmv

Original poster
Oct 22, 2006
Has anyone else had serious overheating problems with their R15-100? I just started service yesterday and have had to shut down the thing at least six times. The DVR gets pretty hot, the last time about 60 degrees Celsius. I know the fan should turn on at a certain point but I don't feel much in the way of airflow back there. Right now, the box is located on top of my TV with plenty of room around it. DIRECTV said they will send me a replacement box for Wednesday. I just want to know if this is a recurrent problem with these boxes or I just got a bad one. Thanks!

Has anyone else had serious overheating problems with their R15-100? I just started service yesterday and have had to shut down the thing at least six times. The DVR gets pretty hot, the last time about 60 degrees Celsius. I know the fan should turn on at a certain point but I don't feel much in the way of airflow back there. Right now, the box is located on top of my TV with plenty of room around it. DIRECTV said they will send me a replacement box for Wednesday. I just want to know if this is a recurrent problem with these boxes or I just got a bad one. Thanks!

I can't help you with this one, but the newer boxes you can get into the menu's and check the temps, don't know if you can with this model.

Move up to the HR20's if you can, they are much better than the R-15's.(that is the general consensis)

Jimbo

I can't help you with this one, but the newer boxes you can get into the menu's and check the temps, don't know if you can with this model.

Move up to the HR20's if you can, they are much better than the R-15's.(that is the general consensis)

Jimbo

Well, I would but this is an SD set so I'm sticking with the non-HD models for now. I did find the screens in the menus, that's where I got my initial reading from. I can't wait to finally get my HDTV in the living room. My HR-21 runs so much cooler. Been on all day with no problems.

Well, I would but this is an SD set so I'm sticking with the non-HD models for now. I did find the screens in the menus, that's where I got my initial reading from. I can't wait to finally get my HDTV in the living room. My HR-21 runs so much cooler. Been on all day with no problems.

So you DO have a HD setup already, thats good.
There's nothing saying you cannot run a HR on your SD TV, there is a setting for HD or SD in the menus !

Jimbo

So you DO have a HD setup already, thats good.
There's nothing saying you cannot run a HR on your SD TV, there is a setting for HD or SD in the menus !

Jimbo

Yeah, but I didn't want to spend the extra dough right now to spring for two HR21 boxes. :eek: I guess you get what you pay for. So far the HR21 is rock solid. Here's hoping the replacement R15 works out better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)