R15-300 Hard Drive Extraction

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Barryadt

Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
georgia
Hello guys and thanks for taking the time to read this,

Yes, I am relatively new to satellite TV but not new to computers at all. The situation is this; I have removed the hard drive from my R15-300 and connected it to my PC. I would like to know if it is possible to extract the recorded movies from it. Windows XP sees this drive as unformatted. So far I believe the format is fat 64. I cannot connect this box back in service because I no longer have the account with this leased device so that is not an option (acct used to be with the X-wife). Although I do have new service this r15-300 cannot be used with my new account and I must lease or purchase new equipment which is not a problem. I am hoping there is a way to recover the movies I have saved in the past. If not, I guess I will just have to box it up and send it back as requested.:( BTW you cannot connect it to a TV and hit play unless DVR service is active on your account and the box was leased to the account you are trying to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

FAT 64 is a proprietary Microsoft file system used in Windows Mobile devices...if DTV boxes were in fact FAT 64 M$ operating systems would be able to read it and it would not come up as Unformatted.

Coming from many years experience with TiVo, I would say it is not possible as the file system and contents are usually encrypted and proprietary.

Thanks for the info. seems like I will just have to start over from scratch if the files are encrypted. I think I will plan better with the next DVR setup that I use!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)