R15 DVR to DVD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Denman007

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
If I buy a DVD player/recorder, can I simply feed this to my DVD recorder to write my programs to DVD?

Do the programs have to be recorded live or can I write them from my DVR at a later date?

Last edited:
Yes you can use a dvd recorder with your dvr. It doesn't matter you can do it off live tv or off the recorded programs.

This having been stated, some content providers copy protect their content.
If they do so, your DVD recorder must obey the protection, and may have trouble recording well. (HBO is notorious for this.)

fyi.

would you hook it up to your DVR, like you would a VCR? if I am undertanding the post right, and you want to transfer DVR stuff to you DVD player???

satjay said:
would you hook it up to your DVR, like you would a VCR? if I am undertanding the post right, and you want to transfer DVR stuff to you DVD player???

Correct - I want to transfer the stuff to a DVD. I don't think I would have the need to record/burn anything live to DVD.

I taped "24" for someone who was out of town and I would like to give it to them on DVD.

I don't currently have a DVD recorder. I just got my DVR last week. It's pretty cool. I haven't taped anything in over 3 years. Now it's so easy to record a program. Only problem is they are stuck on my DVR.

Last edited:
I have a DVD recorder/VCR combo unit and use it some to record off my R15. So far I have not had any problems recording. I use it just like a VCR. I setup the playback on my DVR and then hit the OTR for however long the show will run. I then can just turn off my tv and do something else while it transfers. You cannot copy like to a computer only record to the dvd recorder like a vcr.

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. What I meant was you can't copy the file like from a computer to a computer but only record from the DVR like a VCR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts