R23 in CE?

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hello!

I'm excited about our recent DirecTV install and am in the process of learing about the CE pregram so that I can participate. However, I've searched the forums and can't find an answer to my question so I'm posting it here. Our equipment includes an HR23-700 and two H23's. I can't find any info on the H23's in my searches here so I was wondering if they will work with the CE program or if there's a way I can find out (just try it??)?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Rachel

They will work but only when it says the software is for a H23. They usually tell you what CE is for what model receiver. Pay attention to the thread and make sure your specific model number is mentioned.

Thanks for the info...really appreciate it. I'll definitely check out the version to be sure it's for the R23.

One more question in that vein. Can I turn on MRV on my R23? Do I follow instructions for the R22 in general on things like that (excepting the software versions!)?

Thanks again!

Rachel

Yes, usually the HR22 and HR23 are included in the same CE, but now always. Also, you have numbers after the H23 that is -100 or -200. Pay attention to these numbers also when you look at CE's. You will need to download the CE to your HD-DVR and your other HD receivers to activate the MRV. You also have to activate MRV on all the receivers you want to share, as long as MRV can be done to those receivers that is.

Once you have the latest CE on both (the HR and the H) you'll be able to watch recordings from the HR on your regular H series, assuming they are all networked via ethernet.

I think the H23 may have a CE tonight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)