Radio Neighborhood Moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks Scott for the heads-up on the move!

Now that more people will be able to see the satellite with these audio services, get used to people asking "why their receiver will not receive all of them"? Many receivers cannot properly handle the hundreds of audio PIDs on a single transponder. While some receivers are limited to 4 or 10 or 25 audio pids per transponder, other receivers can log them all with multiple scanning of each transponder. One current transponder on 139w has over 1000 audio services. The BAT Bouquet Tables associated with these muxes are typically too large for consumer receivers and most receivers capable of logging the hundreds of channels on each TP will time out while reading the oversized table. This results in incomplete channel logging. Scan again and the receiver will log another section of the table. I have had to scan up to 20 times to log all the channels on a single transponder.

Then there are the questions of why the channel has no audio (most audio services are occasional use such as a drive time radio show or game day for sporting events)? Why the channel has no service name (most receivers cannot handle the large table with the service names and others do not include a service name in the table)?

Last edited:
Many receivers cannot properly handle the hundreds of audio PIDs on a single transponder. While some receivers are limited to 4 or 10 or 25 audio pids per transponder, other receivers can log them all with multiple scanning of each transponder. One current transponder on 139w has over 1000 audio services.

I have read some of this but since I am out of the footprint for 139W I never gave it much consideration.
Do you happen to know of the receivers capable of receiving all these radio stations now?
That may be a good beginning for people who like us can not receive them yet but will hopefully in the near future.

So,is it anyones quess what or where the Alaskan tv stations are going to do..Hopefully they will stick around..watch CBS at times on this Mux and PBS.

So,is it anyones quess what or where the Alaskan tv stations are going to do..Hopefully they will stick around..watch CBS at times on this Mux and PBS.

I suppose AMC-11 and AMC-10 are potential good choices (haven't looked at the Alaska footprint yet for those two) but even the health/age of those two birds are having some programmers scared enough to jump ship.

Seeing how SES is trying to do a center-of-the-arc thing, they'll probably put the Alaskans on SES-1, SES-3 or AMC-18 if there is good Alaska coverage from one or many of those sats.

I'll have to keep an eye out on the ARCS webpage for any possible movement news.

I suppose AMC-11 and AMC-10 are potential good choices (haven't looked at the Alaska footprint yet for those two) but even the health/age of those two birds are having some programmers scared enough to jump ship.

Seeing how SES is trying to do a center-of-the-arc thing, they'll probably put the Alaskans on SES-1, SES-3 or AMC-18 if there is good Alaska coverage from one or many of those sats.

I'll have to keep an eye out on the ARCS webpage for any possible movement news.
Sounds hopeful...Thank you

Thought I read somewhere that there was some mirroring going on now.

I finished my bimonthly full arc (AMC-6 to AMC-8) scan two weeks ago and didn't find any mirroring going on. I suppose it could have started within the last two weeks after my scan.

I do know some of those radio station distributors were testing on Anik F1 a few months ago.

Thanks guys! February is right around the corner. I'm ready to scan them in with my TBS5980 USB Tuner. :)

Is there anything other than the 3780 NBC MUX on 105W C-Band? I wish NASA was still on this satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)