Radio services with traffic, etc.?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HappyGrampie

Original poster
Jun 15, 2016
Lacey, WA
We bought a new Ford Escape which came with a SiriusXM trial. I think that the SiriusXM service provides the traffic, weather, and other such services displayed on our navigation screen. Is this true?

SiriusXM doesn't work well where I live because there is a lot of forest, and causes the audio to cut out, sometimes for several minutes. So I'd rather use streaming audio from my phone. Besides, I hate to spend $15 a month on a sucky audio service when I have alternatives that will play better. I don't want to lose the traffic and other features, though, which Sirius provides.

Is there another service I can use to get these features, that will work with the Ford navigation system? Or am I stuck with SiriusXM? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks for reading!

I've wondered where my INfrequent but noticeable popups on the Jeep Renegade's Uconnect came-from. There is a "traffic" button on my XM, but since I don't use XM/Sirius, I don't know how, if at all...it interconnects to the visual. MIght be the case. Don't know of any others except maybe Google Navigation?? (not able to integrate in the Jeep...maybe for you...)

It comes from SiriusXM, When I purchased my Cherokee it came with one year free SiriusXM and 5 years free Sirius Travel Link / Traffic.

At least in Austin there is a difference in the traffic info that is provided to Sirius radios vs. XMRadios, with Sirius radios having much more coverage then XM.

RAD, I am not talking about the audio traffic (which sucks and you can't understand what they are saying) but the traffic that shows on your navigation system when your driving.

I'm also taking about the info on the display. A few of our multi lane limited access roads show congestion on Sirius radio but don't on the XM radio.

When I had Sirius, I found their traffic outdated and almost useless.

Get the Wazey app. You simply can't find more up to date info. Reported by drivers. Each app user is connected and the system detects slowdowns.

Reactions: HappyGrampie
We bought a new Ford Escape which came with a SiriusXM trial. I think that the SiriusXM service provides the traffic, weather, and other such services displayed on our navigation screen. Is this true?

SiriusXM doesn't work well where I live because there is a lot of forest, and causes the audio to cut out, sometimes for several minutes. So I'd rather use streaming audio from my phone. Besides, I hate to spend $15 a month on a sucky audio service when I have alternatives that will play better. I don't want to lose the traffic and other features, though, which Sirius provides.

Is there another service I can use to get these features, that will work with the Ford navigation system? Or am I stuck with SiriusXM? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks for reading!
You can just subscribe to the travelink service thru them without the radio portion but your escape most likely came with 5 years of travelink service as mine did

Reactions: Stephen Henson
I had two Ford Escapes in the past (2009 & 2013), and they both had nav system that utilized the Sirius TravelLink service - weather, traffic, fuel prices, sports scores, etc. I don't think mine came with 5 years, though. I thought it was something like 6 months.

My 2015 Toyota 4Runner gets traffic and weather for the nav via the HD Radio signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts