RAI Gone From DISH

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
There's a slate up on the normal RAI Italia channel informing that RAI is no longer available on DISH, apparently another dispute about pricing.

RAI is government owned channels, So I fail to understand the pricing issue, but then again I think they sell the rights to that channel to a distributor who then be the deals with TV providers. Just Greed. But then Mediaset is probably a better TV channel.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Was this another exclusive "coup" by DirecTV or some other MVPD like TV Japan arrangement that locks out Dish?

The Italian package has been removed from the line-up: Live International TV Channels & Packages | DISH
...and yet, in the uplink report before the Italian channels were removed, two new Italian channels were made available:

New Uplinks / Mappings – Channels Available
9852 LA7TE LA 7 (Italian) added to 118° TP 12 (SD Hidden) AVAILABLE Subchannel Mapdown 606-08
9853 TV2KI TV 2000 Italia added to 118° TP 27 (SD Hidden) AVAILABLE Subchannel Mapdown 606-09

Reactions: charlesrshell
RAI ITALIA AMERICA | CHANGE OF DISTRIBUTOR

We hereby inform you that starting October 4, Rai Italia, Rai World Premium and Rai News 24 will not be longer available in USA on Dish nor on Italian Sling. To continue watching us, please call either DIRECTV for satellite, FUBO TV for OTT, or your local cable company. To find a full list of Rai affiliates please check http://raitalia.us/getrai/ and enter your zip code.

We hereby inform you that as of October 4th, Rai Italia, Rai World Premium and Rai News 24 will no longer be available in the United States on Dish or on Italian Sling. To continue watching the RAI channels, please call DIRECTV for the satellite, FUBO TV for the OTT or your local cable company. Consult the website http://raitalia.us/getrai/ and insert your postal code, you will find the complete list of the operators that broadcast the Rai channels.