RAI Italian Channel with Hopper

TheMissingLink22

Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
USA
I currently have two of the VIP722 receivers. I was considering upgrading to the Hopper with Joeys. When I asked Dish about upgrading, they said I would no longer be able to get the RAI Italian channel if I were to upgrade. Does anyone know if there is a way I can upgrade to the Hopper and Joeys and still get RAI, or if that capability is coming in the future?

Thanks!

I have the Hopper 3 with 2 Joeys, and I have 110, 118, 119, and 129. I don't understand what the problem is. All it takes is 2 Dish's, a main dish with the hybrid LNB, then a wing dish for 118 (I use a 1000+) and put the 118 out into the LNB in on the main dish.

I have the Hopper 3 with 2 Joeys, and I have 110, 118, 119, and 129. I don't understand what the problem is. All it takes is 2 Dish's, a main dish with the hybrid LNB, then a wing dish for 118 (I use a 1000+) and put the 118 out into the LNB in on the main dish.
And that is the COST Dish does NOT want to bear (plus more ponits of failure that can also be costly). The soon to come DPH42 will allow Dish an economical ONE reflector solution to 4 sats on the WA. I am waiting on the switch, as well. I also have programming on 118.

At first, DIRT was able to provide 2 reflector installs, but after a very short time, Dish stopped any upgrades to H3 that required more than ONE reflector. Keep in mind that for a two H3 install, as of today it requires FOUR reflectors if one is looking at 4 sats. Further, the only way to get two H3's at a residence is to have a sepreate account for each H3, it is that aversely costly to Dish (Charlie). Yes, tecnically, what you've stated can be done. However, considerinng economies, Dish says, "NO!"

Many posters have said they indeed do have 118 along with the full Western Arc, or the Eastern Arc (61.5/72) with a wing DISH. DishSubLa is likely correct DISH does not want to spend the money when a one dish solution is coming. Seems to me they should offer a choice, let the customer know they could have one dish if they wait, or they must have two dishes now. Problem is that takes a CSR to explain that, good luck with that.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I understand the cost issue, but for a customer such as myself, upgrading to a hopper 3 with existing 1000+ dish in place, It should be offered as a solution in the interim. I got mine on the first week of availability, I had a cool installer who was willing to put the 118 into the LNB in, just to see if it'd work.

Many posters have said they indeed do have 118 along with the full Western Arc, or the Eastern Arc (61.5/72) with a wing DISH. DishSubLa is likely correct DISH does not want to spend the money when a one dish solution is coming. Seems to me they should offer a choice, let the customer know they could have one dish if they wait, or they must have two dishes now. Problem is that takes a CSR to explain that, good luck with that.
I agree, and I've never understood, considering some subs went to the competition over it, Dish never explained it. That was one big advantage of the Charlie Chats or Tech Forums: they often explained what was going on or WHY they could not accomodate certain installs, even if it was for economic reasons, but asked for patience as a solution is being worked on and coming. I think Dish just does not communicate well with the customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts