Rain fade on HD locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dervari

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone experience rain fade more often on the HD locals than on normal programming? My signals are 95+ normally, but the locals will fade even though the "normal" channels are fine.

I had a bad pixelation problem only on the HI-DEF channels due to a faulty receiver. Once Directv replaced it the problem went away. They even sent three techs out to find the problem with each blaming everything but the receiver. One even blamed my neighbors tree, but like I said it disappeared once I got a new receiver.

Actually just the opposite,

In my case my Locals are the last channels to fade out during rain events heavy enough to knock out the signal.

I usually watch the locals OTA but sometimes I land on the D* signal not really paying attention. Just this past week it happened again. All of a sudden the signal broke up during a severeT-storm after it had been in the area for about 20 mins.

Checking during the storm, signal broke up several times but never lost it completely.

The new AT-9 has really helped this situation vs. the 3 lnb oval dish.

I do. The highest my signal gets on 99* sat (HD LOCALS) is about 58-62. Goes out in rains while all others are on. Got "disconnected" 3x when calling to get it re-peaked. So I may need to look into adjusting myself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)