RAIN: no signal on one receiver, perfect signal on the other

johnpas73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Indianapolis
Okay seriously
WTF is going on here? There is a rain storm moving through, but not really a storm. Just raining. 722 in the family room works fine. 622 in the bedroom, searching for a signal.. not only that, but I cant watch DVR events bc of the loss of signal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is killing me. Always a problem with dish

I mounted my DP34 switch in my attic, and this never happens to me. I left no exposed connectors anywhere (except on my Winegard batwing OTA antenna).

If you're competent to go on your roof and re-cable your equipment, do so. A quarter turn on those F-connectors after finger-tightening should be all that is needed to seal the center conductor. Some people use boots, which I imagine seals the shield as well.

Sounds like water in the line, a poor connection, corroded connector or the lnbf / switch favoring one rcvr.

I'd recommend drying all connections and packing them with dielectric grease before tightening back down with a 7/16" wrench until snug.

You can also try swapping outputs on the lnbf/switch and see if the problem tracks with the swap or follows the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts