rain problem - not just fade

eddieras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
when it rains my 722 goes bonkers-sometimes i can't even access the recorded shows- it often locks up. i understand rain fade, but why would the rain interfere with watching recorded programs?

when it rains my 722 goes bonkers-sometimes i can't even access the recorded shows- it often locks up. i understand rain fade, but why would the rain interfere with watching recorded programs?

When watching recorded programs the "signal lost" window pops up w/ the satellite & transponder #? Can you press guide & get the picture back? Do you have an OTA antenna connected to the 722?

If so, check this link:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-technical-discussions/148187-help-receiver-going-bad.html#post1515138

thanks - that doesn't seem to be it... just now (heavy rain) i turn on the TV and was watching CNN - went to rewind a bit (had a good 30 minutes or so there to go back) and it would not rewind - then did PIP and while it first worked i could not switch between the two pix -nothing would work - DVR, GUIDE nothing - then it rebooted itself. very frustrating -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)