Rain

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Car6635

Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Hi,

We've had Dish Network for about 5 years. Our dish had been installed by the previous owner, and is probably about 10 years old.

When we first moved in, we experienced problems with losing our signal due to rain maybe twice a year, and only for about 5 minutes. Lately, however (within the past year), issues due to rain and even snow can be a problem twice a week. And when there is a problem, it lasts for hours.

Whenever we do lose service, often the local channels stay, and it is the channels over 100 that are lost.

Is it possible that there is a problem with our dish due to its age? I know that rain fade is part of satellite TV, but going from twice a year to twice a week suggests that something other than merely weather patterns may be to blame. Thanks!

ps - I'm in North Carolina

Last edited:
I just called Dish, and they are sending out a tech tomorrow morning. Hopefully, they can find the issue! ;)

Or it's possible that a tree grew into the path of the signal in 10 years. At any rate, since an installer is coming in the AM, let us know how it went.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)