Rainbow and Fox Sports Net

djjsin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2004
I was just reading a press release from december 2003 on the INHD.com site, where they mention Cablevision Systems, and go into some detail about the company. It states that that Cablevisions Rainbow Media Holdings is a 50% parnet in the Fox Sports Network.

If this is true, why is voom having so many problems with giving us regional fox sports?

oh so this isn't even a contract issue? I alwyas assumed the lack of regional fox sports was because of contract issue's (not exactly sure why I assumed that, since they have fox sports world).

If contracts are the issue', then this seems really rediculous, especially for the Major markets like Los Angeles

But even if they weren't going that route wouldn't you think they would put general fox sports, like fox sports east and fox sports west, before they started getting regional stations?

Bandwidth? They are leasing a gaggle of transponders as of 1 October so they have tons of bandwidth. If they were serioius about using it, then customers should be having a bigger dish and MPEG4/WM9 modules installed at this time. VOOM stated that new customers would be receiving the bigger dish starting in the 4th Quarters...that's now! New Customers: Did you receive a 30+ inch bigger dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)