Rainbow Spin-off is dead

Sean Mota said:
As a side note:

What I really do not understand is why the mods at AVS deleted my first messages where I disproved the article. I was not notified why was my message deleted. I was trying to get the information corrected through the original author, my initial message which included his response dissappeared without any warning. I did not insult anyone on the message and made no remarks that could have been considered in violation of their posting rules (although I was pm by an avs member that maybe it was deleted because it included email address or quotations from an email). Even so, I would have expected an edition and not a deletion with a warning from the mods.
In case you havent noticed AVS is directv territory. It must be largely supported by and USED by directv and Rupert. Anyone that cannot see that is either a fool or blind. Let the flaming begin I really dont give a rats ass.

Yet Voom is buying ad space. Very sad. Please Voom remove your ads from there, they do not respect you.

CABLEVISION SYSTEMS Of NEW YORK GROUP >CVC Chmn Sells 175,380
22 Dec 2004 16:42 ET

SOURCE: Form 4

ISSUER: CABLEVISION SYSTEMS NEW YORK GROUP
SYMBOL: CVC

FILER: DOLAN CHARLES F
TITLE: CB

DATE: 12/21/04
TRANSACTION: Sale
SHARES: 175,380
PRICE: $23.87
VALUE: $4,185,917

(10b5-1 Plan Indicated)*

OWNERSHIP: 265,925 (Direct) 60,620 (Indirect)

rtt2 said:
CABLEVISION SYSTEMS Of NEW YORK GROUP >CVC Chmn Sells 175,380
22 Dec 2004 16:42 ET

SOURCE: Form 4

ISSUER: CABLEVISION SYSTEMS NEW YORK GROUP
SYMBOL: CVC

FILER: DOLAN CHARLES F
TITLE: CB

DATE: 12/21/04
TRANSACTION: Sale
SHARES: 175,380
PRICE: $23.87
VALUE: $4,185,917

(10b5-1 Plan Indicated)*

OWNERSHIP: 265,925 (Direct) 60,620 (Indirect)
I think it was announced a year ago that old man dolan would be selling much of his stock. wasnt it?

vurbano said:
I think it was announced a year ago that old man dolan would be selling much of his stock. wasnt it?
Yes it was, and the end of the year is when most of these size transactions take place..
Well, since lately there is more "rumor mongering" going on on this board than actual exchange of facts, let me be the first to start this one...
VOOM MUST BE GOING OFF THE AIR SINCE DOLAN IS SELLING OFF HIS STOCK!!!

Ah, nothing like rumor mongering to get ya in the holiday spirit, eh Vurbano??;)

:D

wase4711 said:
Yes it was, and the end of the year is when most of these size transactions take place..
Well, since lately there is more "rumor mongering" going on on this board than actual exchange of facts, let me be the first to start this one...

Ah, nothing like rumor mongering to get ya in the holiday spirit, eh Vurbano??;)

Well that proves it. |><|

funny, right after I posted last, I got a telemarketing call from DT* again; this time they said they will do ANYTHING to get me back from Voom, and the "rumor" is that VOOM is going to close down afer the first of the year, so I might as well take advantage of their best offer now, before I am "forced" to switch to D*V..
I told him if he will give me 2 years for FREE, with free reciever and HD pkg, I will change! He said he would ask his boss and call me back!

I guess I should have gotten his badge/id number, and reported him for using such lame tactics like that, but I was in the "holiday forgiving" mood!

Just thought it was amusing that so quickly after posting that, I would get a call from D*V

wase4711 said:

No, it says he knows how to *play* the stock market.
1) His company makes a statement.
2) Stock jumps 13%
3) He sells his stock he had earlier said he would sell.
4) He makes an extra 1/2 million. Not bad for a week's work.

I was just realizing something. Wasn't Cablevision looking to sell their cable division to Comcast? (Maybe Sean, can you confirm if I was remembering this corrfectly) So, just very speculative, what happens if Comcast bought the New York cable system from Cablevision. And therefore Cablevision can put all their efforts on the vOom service?
Just another rumor thought...... But that's great of this non-spin-off thing. We all know that something is in the works, but 'what' is the great question....

I think Mr.Dolan said was he would entertain any offer, but that was a year or two ago.
handball.gif

MarcelV said:
I was just realizing something. Wasn't Cablevision looking to sell their cable division to Comcast? (Maybe Sean, can you confirm if I was remembering this corrfectly) So, just very speculative, what happens if Comcast bought the New York cable system from Cablevision. And therefore Cablevision can put all their efforts on the vOom service?
Just another rumor thought...... But that's great of this non-spin-off thing. We all know that something is in the works, but 'what' is the great question....

I think what Mr.Dolan said was he would entertain any offer, but that was a year ago.
handball.gif

Hey ,here it is:

Dec. 12, 2003
Digest: Cablevision sale possible, CEO says
By Staff report
Cablevision Systems CEO James Dolan, speaking at the UBS Media Week conference Thursday, would not rule out a possible sale of the company down the road should a potential acquirer be willing to pay the right amount. "I will never completely rule that out," he said, adding that "any kind of consolidation, or an event like that, would require a valuation that we have not seen yet." In his presentation, Dolan noted that Cablevision is valued at eight times its earnings compared with Cox Communications and Comcast Corp., which are valued at more than 10 times. Industry observers have long seen Time Warner Cable as a logical buyer for Cablevision. Talk about such a deal has intensified again in recent weeks as TWC parent Time Warner has increased its financial flexibility (HR 11/25). Cablevision also said Thursday that it will expand its high-definition television options by Tuesday to include Cinemax, the Movie Channel, Starz! and InDemand.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/icopyright_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=2050733

I hardly think that CVC would be so poorly run that they would turn off VOOM, announce or even rumor its demise until every possible solution had been explored and investigated fully. To do so would severely cut any value they might be seeking out of a sale. It is also quite possible that CVC might just hold on to VOOM for another year and see if it will turn around with more channels and the ***MUCH*** better installation deal.

If it is done properly VOOM will run as a sucessful business right up until the last minute. This means new installations and channel additions.

If they were to close up shop their assets would devalue by quite a bit. It is likely that it would take quite a while for the transfer of transponders to either E* or D* in a sale would take quite a while for the FCC to process. The satellite is nice and useful to echostar, but without the TPs its use is more limited.

If either E or D were to suddenly announce a deal to buy VOOM I would expect them to say that VOOM service will continue as usual until the sale is approved by the government, and of course the exclusive VOOM channels would only be on VOOM until the sale is complete.

mike123abc said:
I hardly think that CVC would be so poorly run that they would turn off VOOM, announce or even rumor its demise until every possible solution had been explored and investigated fully. To do so would severely cut any value they might be seeking out of a sale. It is also quite possible that CVC might just hold on to VOOM for another year and see if it will turn around with more channels and the ***MUCH*** better installation deal.

If it is done properly VOOM will run as a sucessful business right up until the last minute. This means new installations and channel additions.

If they were to close up shop their assets would devalue by quite a bit. It is likely that it would take quite a while for the transfer of transponders to either E* or D* in a sale would take quite a while for the FCC to process. The satellite is nice and useful to echostar, but without the TPs its use is more limited.

If either E or D were to suddenly announce a deal to buy VOOM I would expect them to say that VOOM service will continue as usual until the sale is approved by the government, and of course the exclusive VOOM channels would only be on VOOM until the sale is complete.

is voom running as a successful company now ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)