Rams Are Going Back To LA

I thought they should have when they agreed to build Levi Stadium, but it is too late now. There is NO WAY 49er ownership will give up the gravy train and negotiate a new deal. I think they will build one in Oakland. Reality is, if the city of Oakland "donated" land, this would be a done deal.
The problem with that logic is that the 49ers can only use Levi's Stadium for 8 games a season, that's also 8 games that the Stadium is empty when the 49ers are out of town. What is to negotiate? The NFL wants the Raiders playing at Levi's Stadium, it's in everyone's best interests to keep the Raiders in Northern California, preferably in the bay area. we are talking about 8 days that the 49ers WON'T be playing there. I think that it's time for naive people like myself to ask why can't the Raiders play at Levi's Stadium? IF the Chargers want to move to L.A., they'll have to share a stadium with the Rams, there's no reason why the NFL can't strongarm the 49ers to share its stadium with the Raiders, & strongarm the Raiders to accept that deal.

It won't be next year, but expect the Jacksonville Jaguars owner to strike a deal with St. Louis to move his team there. NOBODY will cry over the NFL leaving Jacksonville.

I Think the Jaguars would be an Excellent Choice to go to St.Louis.It seems like they have No Fan base anymore down there and yeah Nobody would cry about them Leaving...St.Louis still needs to go through with their New Stadium plans though,I have seen Pics of the New Stadium sitting right there
on the Mississippi and it Looked Gorgeous.But Kroenke didnt care,his whole Game plan was to Stab St.Louis in the back and Move the team to LA...He Really Bad Mouthed the City and hes the most Hated Man in the St.Louis History now...

The problem with that logic is that the 49ers can only use Levi's Stadium for 8 games a season, that's also 8 games that the Stadium is empty when the 49ers are out of town. What is to negotiate? The NFL wants the Raiders playing at Levi's Stadium, it's in everyone's best interests to keep the Raiders in Northern California, preferably in the bay area. we are talking about 8 days that the 49ers WON'T be playing there. I think that it's time for naive people like myself to ask why can't the Raiders play at Levi's Stadium? IF the Chargers want to move to L.A., they'll have to share a stadium with the Rams, there's no reason why the NFL can't strongarm the 49ers to share its stadium with the Raiders, & strongarm the Raiders to accept that deal.

It won't be next year, but expect the Jacksonville Jaguars owner to strike a deal with St. Louis to move his team there. NOBODY will cry over the NFL leaving Jacksonville.

IF the NFL wanted to help the Raiders in ANY WAY, they would have pushed for the Carson project outside of LA. They are the franchise that needs a stadium the most, yet got the least amount of support during the owners meetings... so the Raiders were left blowing out in the wind. Do you know what the relocation cost is? $500 million. They threw out $100 million to the team to give the illusion that they threw them a bone.

And I predict the Jags WILL STAY in Jacksonville. As that team gets better and money is spent smarter, fans will come because there is NOTHING there. You will be drawing from George, South Carolina, Florida and Alabama...hell, even stealing some fans Carolina and Atlanta. For as much as people talk about loyalty, loyalty is only as valued as long as your winning.

IF the NFL wanted to help the Raiders in ANY WAY, they would have pushed for the Carson project outside of LA. They are the franchise that needs a stadium the most, yet got the least amount of support during the owners meetings... so the Raiders were left blowing out in the wind. Do you know what the relocation cost is? $500 million. They threw out $100 million to the team to give the illusion that they threw them a bone.

And I predict the Jags WILL STAY in Jacksonville. As that team gets better and money is spent smarter, fans will come because there is NOTHING there. You will be drawing from George, South Carolina, Florida and Alabama...hell, even stealing some fans Carolina and Atlanta. For as much as people talk about loyalty, loyalty is only as valued as long as your winning.
There is the rumor that the Raiders will move to land that Al Davis' son owns in San Marcos, Texas, which is perfectly situated between Austin & San Antonio, Texas. I'm sure that some sop will be thrown the Dallas Cowboys' & Houston Texans' way to allow this to happen. It's sad for Oakland & Northern California, but they still have the 49ers & the Raiders will still be the Raiders.

There is the rumor that the Raiders will move to land that Al Davis' son owns in San Marcos, Texas, which is perfectly situated between Austin & San Antonio, Texas. I'm sure that some sop will be thrown the Dallas Cowboys' & Houston Texans' way to allow this to happen. It's sad for Oakland & Northern California, but they still have the 49ers & the Raiders will still be the Raiders.

I don't think Jerry Jones would EVER allow the move to San Antonio would happen.

..........They are the franchise that needs a stadium the most, yet got the least amount of support during the owners meetings... so the Raiders were left blowing out in the wind. Do you know what the relocation cost is? $500 million. They threw out $100 million to the team to give the illusion that they threw them a bone.

Even that $600 million plus the $200 million the NFL would throw in to build a new stadium won't get it done in Oakland, that place is hurting. They need to resume a Carson-like project with the Chargers. Maybe in SD.

Reactions: salsadancer7
I would say that South/Southwest Texas is about 80% Cowboys and 20% Texans,So Jerry would no doubt Hate a new Team in San Antonio.I would love to see a Third team in Texas and S.A definately has the Population to support an NFL Team.

Given the fact hat so much revenue is shared in the NFL I think that the Cowboys will survive. Less radio and preseason TV revenue to be sure but they will survive.

I don't see where he has a leg to stand on with that. Dallas and San Antonio aren't really "close".

He has ALOT of pull. The push to have the owners take back the Rams when just about everyone thought it was the Raiders and the Chargers showed that. As far as the market in the Texas area, for as popular as the Raiders are, they would have little chance to improve their market plan with two established teams and both having deep root(especially the Cowboys). The Raiders will not go to San Antonio EVEN if it were favorable by the owners because the relocation fee is $500 million, if I an not mistaken and Mark Davis does NOT have that loose change, hence the reason why IF he moves, he would have to find investors that would buy up to 20% of the team. Read the part about how much pull Jones has. I have seen and read this many times.

http://goldengatesports.com/2016/01/20/oakland-raiders-is-the-league-trying-to-force-mark-davis-out/

In a perfect world, I would LOVE for my Raiders to stay in Oakland...but I have been very vocal about sports franchises holding cities hostage. And believe me when I tell you, I will become a hypocrit because my Raiders play in a giant almost 60 year old toilet bowl. I have gone to many games there and it is horrible and embarassing. As of right now, the mayor's office has soften their stance on a few things. IF the city 'donates' the land the Raiders want, the deal WILL get done. We shall wait and see.

http://abc7news.com/sports/oakland-mayor-offering-raiders-concessions/1157773/

I would say that South/Southwest Texas is about 80% Cowboys and 20% Texans,So Jerry would no doubt Hate a new Team in San Antonio.I would love to see a Third team in Texas and S.A definately has the Population to support an NFL Team.

Thin they CAN and would in a heartbeat, but please apologies my greediness in wanting the Raiders to stay in Oakland.:redface

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)