ran into mess ordering directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I ordered directv service for my dad today. The guy on the phone told me they had an appointment open tomorrow from 8a - 12 pm. So I check the website and low and behold it was magically switched to 8a -12pm tuesday. How can they do this? I tried to call directv but got so mad I cancelled that install. I ordered through another vendor for a wednesday install from 8a - 12p. The thing that ticked me off the most was directv didn't even try to fix it or change the install back saying "all we can do is note this to corporate." I was like "thanks but no thanks." Shouldn't they have squeezed me into a spot tomorrow somehow since I was originally promised that or even given me a free month of service for my trouble?

I ordered directv service for my dad today. The guy on the phone told me they had an appointment open tomorrow from 8a - 12 pm. So I check the website and low and behold it was magically switched to 8a -12pm tuesday. How can they do this? I tried to call directv but got so mad I cancelled that install. I ordered through another vendor for a wednesday install from 8a - 12p. The thing that ticked me off the most was directv didn't even try to fix it or change the install back saying "all we can do is note this to corporate." I was like "thanks but no thanks." Shouldn't they have squeezed me into a spot tomorrow somehow since I was originally promised that or even given me a free month of service for my trouble?

Had you NOT canceled with them, they would have given you a $ 100 credit for missing the appointment, seeing you canceled, they are not obligated to give it to you as they don't have you as a sub anymore. :(

Jimbo

yes but the rep didn't mention that to me. All he offered was condolences for the mixup and said that was all he could do. They should have honored their first rep's words and what was on the website and changed the appointment back. Instead I had to cancel then reorder through another installer/reseller and change the date to wednesday before i leave for work.

yes but the rep didn't mention that to me. All he offered was condolences for the mixup and said that was all he could do. They should have honored their first rep's words and what was on the website and changed the appointment back. Instead I had to cancel then reorder through another installer/reseller and change the date to wednesday before i leave for work.

I understand your frustration, I've had missed appointments as well when I specifically took time off work, so not only did I miss an appointment, I also lost money on the day.

I think I would have asked to talk with a supervisor ...
Chances are the sub contractors in your area either got tied up and missed the appointment, but you would think they would call and try to re schedule with you.

A missed appointment really had nothing to do with D*, as they are not at the installation company dispatching techs.
Overall YES it falls on D* because they are the ones hiring them and when they hear about problems enough, they look into them and occasionally get rid of companies that are not working up to their standards.

They overall have FAR more good installs than bad ones, but the bad ones are usually the only ones you hear about.

Jimbo

the supervisor is who said that to me. He said he tried to reschedule it BACK to tomorrow but they were booked now. My point is when I Originally placed the order I was promised an appointment for Tomorrow 6/30 then when I went to check the order it said 7/1 so somehow someone changed it to 7/1 from 6/30 without my permission. All I asked was for it to be changed back to 6/30 and they said they couldn't.

the supervisor is who said that to me. He said he tried to reschedule it BACK to tomorrow but they were booked now. My point is when I Originally placed the order I was promised an appointment for Tomorrow 6/30 then when I went to check the order it said 7/1 so somehow someone changed it to 7/1 from 6/30 without my permission. All I asked was for it to be changed back to 6/30 and they said they couldn't.

Being as it is close to the end of the month, it is possible that the HSP that DirecTV is contracted with to provide you service is not available during that timeframe. HSP's can and do periodically close off blocks of time for things like inventory, tech training, and other in-house business.

DirecTV may have tried to enter the appointment for 6/30 but the HSP may have blocked off the time and the CSR gave you the next available appointment without realizing.

It is also possible that there was a misunderstanding between you and the CSR.

I'm not saying either one of these is what happened, but they are possibilities.

what is the HSP for weirton,wv so maybe i can call in the morning to find out what happened?

I would not really worry too much about it (yet); either you want DirecTV or not. Appointment mishaps/misunderstandings/lag happen from time to time (like IWC said) especially seeing that they deal with outside contractors and its not instant two-way communication. I would just schedule what they have and let them come out and do their job and as long as you are not getting canceled on or stalled on every day and they do a good job and you get your service; I think the date set is of minor concern and it shouldn't be blown all out of proportion.

They did it again. I just went to make sure it was 8-12 on wednesday and somehow it got changed to 12-5 on wednesday. How does this keep happening? I think I should get 2 months of free service for this crap.

Personally, I think your problem is being a bit demanding. Rarely do i see a turn around that quick. Most appointments are 3-4 days out, earliest, if its a first time attempt to schedule.

Perhaps you should find a local retailer. Often they have their own tech's who can tend to you immediately.

now to boot I have $75 off of my credit card that will take 10 days to get back and guess what My liscence plates are due today. So WILL Directv pay for my plates for me?

now to boot I have $75 off of my credit card that will take 10 days to get back and guess what My liscence plates are due today. So WILL Directv pay for my plates for me?

Do you only have a $100 limit on your card:rolleyes:

My first guess would have been a mistake entering the appointment. Did you ever see either appointment with the "correct" date/time? If not, it's hard to say if they changed it, or if it was "wrong" from the start.

Although that does seem unlikely since it happened twice...

I've had about 10 appointments over the last 3 years as a D* customer, and have never had an appointment changed (with or without my knowledge). They've shown up late a couple times, but never any no-shows or appointment changes...

They did it again. I just went to make sure it was 8-12 on wednesday and somehow it got changed to 12-5 on wednesday. How does this keep happening? I think I should get 2 months of free service for this crap.

Two months of free service for having to wait two days? :confused: Best of luck with that.

And as far as your credit card goes, what would you have done if D* had showed up for the first appointment? You're plates would have still been due, and the $75 charge to the credit card would have still been there.

I agree with you spaceghost.

Why would you wait till the last day to get your plates...And didn't you say this was for your father. Have him give you the 75 bucks..Everybody wants something for free when something doesn't go their way who do you think pays for that......WE DO

Deadbeat

Do you only have a $100 limit on your card:rolleyes:

Erict-
He probably does only have a $100 limit - since this is the same guy that refused to pay his prior $700 DirecTV bill.

I'm also thinking this service isn't for his "dad".

I'm surprised none of you remembered his tag name! :D

And didnt he cancel his service, but why woul he have another install time, sounds like a troll to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts