Randall Stephenson "retiring"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They Could show some interest and develop a new box that does 4K without an add on unit and save subs $7 a month that they felt it was ok to over charge for ... those clients for 4k purpose should have been free and without fees.
They did, it's called the HS17 and C61K. The HS17 doesn't count as a STB for billing and if all you have is the C61K that's in the base rate.

They did, it's called the HS17 and C61K. The HS17 doesn't count as a STB for billing and if all you have is the C61K that's in the base rate.
However, you forgot about the Huge Minus in that scenario ... losing all your everyday recvr/dvrs.

Which means I can no longer take it camping with me, or tailgating ... or to the cottage.

All of which D* has approved for me with my current set up.

However, you forgot about the Huge Minus in that scenario ... losing all your everyday recvr/dvrs.

Which means I can no longer take it camping with me, or tailgating ... or to the cottage.

All of which D* has approved for me with my current set up.
And they really don't care about that since if they did they could allow for other STB's to be on an account with a HS17. During testing I had a HS17, HR44, HR54 and H44/DVR all up on my account and working. Of course the setup to get all those on a dish was not a standard setup but it did work.

You can save that $7 a month by getting an HS17. They don't charge for that unit, they only charge the $7 for the C61K.

And they really don't care about that since if they did they could allow for other STB's to be on an account with a HS17. During testing I had a HS17, HR44, HR54 and H44/DVR all up on my account and working. Of course the setup to get all those on a dish was not a standard setup but it did work.
And they say they can't have more than one Genie ...

Still wondering how you go about getting on the "Testing" list ...
Being an employee , you'd have thought they might ask ... but not a word.

You can save that $7 a month by getting an HS17. They don't charge for that unit, they only charge the $7 for the C61K.
Which would defeat the purpose described in post # 22 ...

IF, they would allow other recvrs on the HS17, that would work, but they don't ...

I'll just continue to baby my HR24's till they have to replace them ... again.

They Could show some interest and develop a new box that does 4K without an add on unit and save subs $7 a month that they felt it was ok to over charge for ... those clients for 4k purpose should have been free and without fees.
Or just develop a receiver that doesn't suck. DTV have had some of the worst boxes I have ever encountered.

And they say they can't have more than one Genie ...

Still wondering how you go about getting on the "Testing" list ...
Being an employee , you'd have thought they might ask ... but not a word.
Can’t anymore, and if you were on it you couldn’t make ANY change to your account, which is why I dropped everything except the HS17.

Or just develop a receiver that doesn't suck. DTV have had some of the worst boxes I have ever encountered.
Sorry to hear that ....
Note, you did say Some ...

I have had HR44 that was Great, HR54 that has been Great, so far ...
Many of my Hr24's have been very good.

Were there not very good recvrs, sure ...
HR34 comes to mind ... HR21, 22, 23 as well.

My HR20 was a decent recvr in it's time.

Sorry to hear that ....
Note, you did say Some ...

I have had HR44 that was Great, HR54 that has been Great, so far ...
Many of my Hr24's have been very good.

Were there not very good recvrs, sure ...
HR34 comes to mind ... HR21, 22, 23 as well.

My HR20 was a decent recvr in it's time.
In my experience, the HR54 DVR freezes all the time. The whole system will lock up and need to be restarted. The remotes are designed horribly. Button placement is absurd.

Reactions: AZ.
In my experience, the HR54 DVR freezes all the time. The whole system will lock up and need to be restarted. The remotes are designed horribly. Button placement is absurd.
In my experience ... I have had NONE of the issues you've mentioned .... at all.
Now, as far as the remote goes .... I have HATED it since it came out .... I think they brought it out to appease the old TIVO fans, sadly.

I have a URC MX-890 that I use and it also works great.
I bought the URC as soon as I got the peanut remote, ugh.

they only charge the FEE'S for the mini's. i remember when i had the genie and not the HS 17.. the genie was at no charge well included in the programming price just like gap ins. but the mini was 7.00 a month. but now i have to pay an extra 7.00 a month because of the HS 17

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts