Random Pixelation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tobsandmags

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Occasionally I’m getting momentary pixelation while watching live TV on my Hopper 3. It’s very similar to watching an OTA channel that momentarily loses its lock but in this case it’s while watching satellite channels.

I haven’t noticed any pattern to it. Seems to happen on different channels and times of day. It has been going on for quit awhile but is happening more frequently. I see it on my Joey too. Sometimes if I skip back (15 or so seconds) and watch it slightly delayed it’ll clear up. I don’t recall it happening while watching a DVR show. Any ideas on what it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had this happening since December. No know cause or fix that I know of. Just last night my Hopper 3 started doing it while I was watching a DVR recording. All joeys started stuttering at the same time also because everyone else in the house complained at the same time. Changed the channel on Hopper and everything cleared up.

Reactions: LQQK
I've been noticing this too. Channel changing does seem to fix it temporarily. My signal levels are all good, as they should be after I just got my dish re-peaked.

I noticed this for the first time last night, was watching Travel Channel on the Hopper 3. Just random pixilation, weather was good so no reason for it. Have not noticed the same problem on the wireless Joey in the bedroom, only watching the Hopper 3 in the living room directly.

Sounds like I’m not the only one. Was beginning to worry my hard drive was going bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk