Random red dots

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
On my 722k, CH 190 (EA/SD) I am noticing random red dots. Can anyone else verify that they are seeing this as well?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

What type of TV? Is it always the same place? Vary with brightness? Etc.
I ask because like my DLP it is possible to have a stuck mirror out of its million and get a white dot.
I would look to the TV first. Of course, it could be a bad memory bit of the 2 million.
-Ken

Nah definitely not the TV. The random dots are just completely random, like there's something wrong with the encoder on Dish's end. Other channels don't have the issue.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

That sounds akin to the problems a couple of us are having on syfy and mtv,both on the eastern arc.They are on the left hand side of the screen.The problem was escalated by Dirt to engineering,but haven't heard anything back.

I just checked via Dish Anywhere, and I see random dots (they look white to me) on channel 190 SD. It's not the same pattern at all (or the same color) as what I have on SyFy HD, MTV HD, etc.

In the past, reporting bad video via email to dishquality at echostar dot com always got it fixed up fast. When I reported the HD problem though, it got ignored for about a week and then they denied seeing it, so I don't know what's going on there. It couldn't hurt to try...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)