Random thoughts before I leave on holiday vacation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
This will be my last post for a couple of days; tomorrow, I head out with my family on vacation for 10 days.

(I'm going to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates; it's in the Middle East and the time zones are screwed up, so I may not post as often as I normally do)

I'll try to get back on as soon as I can, but for at least a few days, this will be my last post.

Random thoughts time!

1. Will the Oklahoma City Thunder lose 70 games? IMO, they will!

2. Sandra, PLEASE put up a picture of yourself. The way you describe yourself, I can picture a gorgeous girl.

3. I was reading an MSNBC Sports article, and I saw a line that I think sums up the Eagles, Patriots and Colts: they are teams that "refuse to die no matter how many stakes you drive through its heart."

4. Call me crazy, but I see the Cardinals winning in Foxboro. I don't believe in this year's Patriots- remember, they barely beat the awful Rams and Chiefs at home, and got lit up by Chad freaking Pennington!

5. Which bowl game before January 1st are you most interested in?

6. Which team will host the NFL Network's annual Thanksgiving Game in 2009?

7. What are your favorite Christmas songs?

8. HD MM, looks like Justin Tuck has no chance of beating out either DeMarcus Ware, Joey Porter, or any of the Steelers for defensive player of the year. Care to switch?

9. This is the most wide-open NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the Year race in years. The last 4 winners of those awards (Peyton Manning, Shaun Alexander, L.T., and Brady) were no-brainers, for they set meaningful NFL records. Who'll win either or both this year?

10. HD MM, what's your last name? Just curious!

11. What are some of your all-time favorite Christmas gifts you can remember getting?

12. Did any of you guys ever see Santa at a mall and tell him what you wanted for Christmas? If so, what did you ask for?

13. I think the Pistons are in trouble this year. They aren't tearing up the league with Iverson, and they have no chance to catch Cleveland for the division crown. IMO, they could have some housecleaning ala the Suns last year.

14. HD MM, have you heard that your Cavs are considering trading big-haired Anderson Varejao and Wally Sczerbiak for Shawn Marion? If you have, do you like the idea?

Here's a link:

Marion could be defensive edge for Cavs - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

15. Who's the biggest NFL disappoitment? For a while, it was Dallas, but they are assured at least a winning record. Others- Packers, Jaguars, Browns- are not.

16. What's the worst winter weather you can ever recall?

17. IMO, Christmas Day is to the NBA as Thanksgiving is to the NFL/College Football.

18. Which NFL coaches do you see getting the axe after this season?

19. IMO, the Houston Texans will make the playoffs next year.

20. Happy Holidays, guys!

I'll see you in a few days.

4. Call me crazy, but I see the Cardinals winning in Foxboro. I don't believe in this year's Patriots- remember, they barely beat the awful Rams and Chiefs at home, and got lit up by Chad freaking Pennington!

You're crazy. The Cardinals are incapabale of beating anyone east of the Mississippi. They aint winning in NE.

Meineke Car Care for obvious reasons, and the fact that I'm going. :D

Whoever's coaching the Raiders just because it's been a couple months since the last firing, Marinelli in Detroit, call it a mercy firing, Herm's days may be numbered in KC.

You too. Have fun in Dubai. I'd love to check that place out sometime.

Happy holidays Saber.
xmascheers.gif

Dubai? I would be interested in a trip report. My wife is in medical sales, and several of her customers, including at least one non-Arab, have closed up shop and moved there. Among the many things this enlightend country seems to be doing is trying to replace London as a center of private medicine.

6 - I would think that it would be an NFC South team.

7 - I like the traditional stuff.

11 - My grandfather, who was not wealthy, forgave me a substantial loan he had made to me.

12 - Grew up in a very rural area. Did not have malls, or even downtown department stores. Sears catalog. And, BTW, what a stupid thing it was for Sears to do away with that service. The success of internet shopping shows that it was still a business model that still worked.

17 - I like the old days where there was the Blue-Grey all-star game and a bowl game from Hawaii. Yet another meaningless NBA game is not worth the trouble.

18 - Cincy is going to fire or trade everybody.

20 - Happy holidays to you too.

Serves them right for stealing a team from Seattle. Besides, what kind of name is the "Thunder"? Sounds a little foo-fooey to me.

2. Sandra, PLEASE put up a picture of yourself. The way you describe yourself, I can picture a gorgeous girl.

Sabres only Christmas wish. :D

3. I was reading an MSNBC Sports article, and I saw a line that I think sums up the Eagles, Patriots and Colts: they are teams that "refuse to die no matter how many stakes you drive through its heart."

I agree. Those teams are tough as nails. But what do all of them have in common? Awesome head coaches that keep them disciplined. Coincidence? I think not.

False. Cards can't win against anyone east of Glendale, let alone east of the Mississippi (and no, the Rams don't count).

I know I made fun of this Bowl title earlier, but The Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 23rd between Boise St. and TCU should be a good one.

It's a tie....

"Shake hands with Santa Clause" by Louis Prima or "Dominick the Donkey" by Ray Allen. Both are classic Italian hits and are available on the Mob Hits Albums.

8. HD MM, looks like Justin Tuck has no chance of beating out either DeMarcus Ware, Joey Porter, or any of the Steelers for defensive player of the year. Care to switch?

It looks like Porter will get it, but I can't stand the guy, so don't look for any endorsements from me. He has dogs that eat baby horses, he's an ex-Steeler and he's a THUG! As a matter of fact, Porter is my 2nd least favorite player in sports. (I just bumped him ahead of Stephen Marbury. My least favorite of course is Rasheed Wallace.)

10. HD MM, what's your last name? Just curious!

Don't care to reveal online. It's a very Irish last name though.

14. HD MM, have you heard that your Cavs are considering trading big-haired Anderson Varejao and Wally Sczerbiak for Shawn Marion? If you have, do you like the idea?

Here's a link:

Marion could be defensive edge for Cavs - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

This is the first I've heard about this. Marion is a small forward though, right? Ahem, we already have a starting small forward by the name of LeBron. Would Marion come off the bench or be converted to power forward over Ben Wallace?

ANY move at this point would make me nervous, no matter how good it looks on paper. This team has such great chemistry right now, I wouldn't want to jeopardize it.

15. Who's the biggest NFL disappoitment? For a while, it was Dallas, but they are assured at least a winning record. Others- Packers, Jaguars, Browns- are not.

I would say the Jags. While the Browns were supposed to compete for the playoffs, everyone thought the Jags were a lock.

17. IMO, Christmas Day is to the NBA as Thanksgiving is to the NFL/College Football.

..........Only with more interesting matchups!

New Orleans @ Orlando
San Antonio @ Phoenix
Boston @ LA Lakers :eek:
Washington @ Cleveland :D
Dallas @ Portland

Romeo, Zorn, Marinelli, Marvin Lewis, Cable, Haslett, Holmgren

19. IMO, the Houston Texans will make the playoffs next year.

I agree. They now have a formidable 3 headed offensive attack with Shaub, Slayton and Andre Johnson to go along with a respectible defense.

I'll see you in a few days.

You too Sabres. Have a safe flight.

The San Diego Chargers, without a doubt. Such high expectations, such an awful season, not even able to compete in the NFL's worst division.

Have fun in Dubai. Not exactly where I'd choose for my Christmas vacation, but I hear they have good golf there. :)

This will be my last post for a couple of days; tomorrow, I head out with my family on vacation for 10 days.

(I'm going to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates; it's in the Middle East and the time zones are screwed up, so I may not post as often as I normally do)

Enjoy your trip!

I'll try to get back on as soon as I can, but for at least a few days, this will be my last post.

Random thoughts time!

Quite possibly.

Keep picturing that, I'm sure a picture can't live up to your exaggerated expectations!

It's possible the Patriots can win 11 games and still miss the playoffs.

The Holiday Bowl is always fun.

Oh Holy Night.
What Child is This.

9. This is the most wide-open NFL MVP and Offensive Player of the Year race in years. The last 4 winners of those awards (Peyton Manning, Shaun Alexander, L.T., and Brady) were no-brainers, for they set meaningful NFL records. Who'll win either or both this year?

I don't even get the difference between the two awards.

12. Did any of you guys ever see Santa at a mall and tell him what you wanted for Christmas? If so, what did you ask for?

Whoever asked Santa for the Jets to receive a gift victory last Sunday got their wish.

13. I think the Pistons are in trouble this year. They aren't tearing up the league with Iverson, and they have no chance to catch Cleveland for the division crown. IMO, they could have some housecleaning ala the Suns last year.

Perhaps with all their new cap room they can go out and get a good point guard...

The Jets are well on their way to this title.

Happy Holidays!

Sandra

Dubai? ...Among the many things this enlightend country seems to be doing is trying to replace London as a center of private medicine.

I don't know how enlightened this might be, but I have read that they simply are raiding the underground trust fund by pumpig oil out at a rate that will deplete it in about twenty five years. Take what you can from Dubai while it is there to be taken.

You're crazy. The Cardinals are incapabale of beating anyone east of the Mississippi. They aint winning in NE.

Meineke Car Care for obvious reasons, and the fact that I'm going. :D

Whoever's coaching the Raiders just because it's been a couple months since the last firing, Marinelli in Detroit, call it a mercy firing, Herm's days may be numbered in KC.

You too. Have fun in Dubai. I'd love to check that place out sometime.

A "mercy firing" would have happened after 8 games. This is just "you made you're bed, now you lie in it."

Enjoy your trip!

Random thoughts time!

Quite possibly.

Keep picturing that, I'm sure a picture can't live up to your exaggerated expectations!

It's possible the Patriots can win 11 games and still miss the playoffs.

The Holiday Bowl is always fun.

Oh Holy Night.
What Child is This.

I don't even get the difference between the two awards.

Whoever asked Santa for the Jets to receive a gift victory last Sunday got their wish.

Perhaps with all their new cap room they can go out and get a good point guard...

The Jets are well on their way to this title.

Happy Holidays!

Sandra

You really don't have any idea what is going on in Detroit. Maybe you should watch a game or two and acquaint yourself with our current PG - Stuckey.

I always laught when I hear about the UAE.

I used to joke with a classmate at UConn, that the UAE sounded like a rival college.

U.....A.....E....... fight fight fight :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)