Random Thoughts- the Final Edition

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
This is the hardest and most emotional thing I've ever had to write on here, but after 6 years of sports chatting and discussing with my fellow SatelliteGuys guys and girls, I have made the decision that it's time for me to step down as a member on here and leave this site to the next generation of new members that have been flowing in recently.

My posts and contributions have admittedly lost some of the crisp, sharp biting wit I once had and I'm not as around as I once was.

Plus, I am on the verge of landing an online job, so I feel that I wouldn't have enough time to put in the time I once did.

Rather than burn out or risk letting things deteroriate or hanging on too long like a Brett Favre, I would like to leave with my head held high and say thank you for giving this former DBSSports member a place to chat.

But before I go, I would like to offer 1 final Random Thoughts on my time here:

1. I have had a lot of ups and downs on here, admittedly blowing up and losing my temper at times, but I will be the first to admit you guys always had my back

2. The most fun I had contributing to a season-long sticky thread: 2010 NFL Season, 2008-09 NBA Season, 2008 MLB Season.

3. I'm glad the Lions were able to make the playoffs once during my time here for our buddy Wozniak. As a Bills fan, I can sympathize with his Lions struggles.

4. I just wish my Bills or Sabres could have made a playoff run. The 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs always felt different when one of your teams isn't in the hunt consistently.

5. It was also fun when I was able to contribute while I was on vacation, never feeling like I was away from the pack.

6. One last time- FEAR THE BILLS

7. Lastly, I would like to thank all the posters and members that accepted me into this message board fraternity- BillD, Paul Wozniak, Salsadancer, Anders, Hart5150, Kraven, hancox, Rey, Ramy, Jimbo, dfergie, Mets82, ckhalil18, msmith198025, McCoy, TNGTony, osu1991, HD_MM, SandraC, and the many others

It's been a hell of a ride. But as Dandy Don once said, They say all good things must come to an end.

Time for me to turn out the lights. The party's over.

Thank you and goodbye

Your "Caption" thread will live on in your honor. :) I'll miss your jabs at the SEC. ;) Wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Last edited:
Congrats on moving on to bigger and better things. You're welcome back anytime.

FEAR THE BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sad-buffalo-2.gif
:raspberry:biggrin

Reactions: BillD1984
Best of luck Sabres!! We didn't always agree, but no one can ever dispute your knowledge and passion for sports.....both past and present!!

Reactions: Rey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)