Rappy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rappy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
Sullivan, Maine
I have a triple LNB dish and HDTV. I live in Maine and have had difficulty getting decent signal strength on the 110 degree satellite. I get no picture on 70, 74, or 78. The highest signal strength in good weather is about 50 on transponders 8, 10, and 12. More often than not the strength hovers around 35-40. I was told by the local satellite guy that the best anyone in Maine gets on 110 is about 70. Is there some other way to get a better signal, such as a separate dish for 110? Does anyone have an answer?

You could try:

1. Hire a REAL pro to ask or to tweak your dish
2. Find a neighbor with the same setup and ask what their signal usually is
3. Try a larger (higher gain) 3 LNB dish

What is you zip so another local SatGuys user maybe able to add-in to your question.

Actually, the installer Directv sent out installed it and he could not get better than 55 on the signal meter on 110. Since then it degraded to about 40. I had a local satellite installer check it out and he could not get better than 50, and after he left it degraded to about 40. My zip is 04664. Thanks for your input. Tell me more about a higher gain phase III dish. Is there such a thing?

Thanks much. Since the only place I can mount my dish is on a pipe embedded in concrete in my front yard(too many trees elsewhere) and since I will need a longer pipe to hold the new antenna, I will have to wait for Spring to make the change. In the meantime, I will try to tweak my dish orientation to achieve better HD reception. Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone else having no signal on 101/TP19?

Bravohd===universalhd Schedule

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)