Rated R - FOR SMOKING !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont remember any horrific gore scenes in Narnia and though there was only one scene that I found to be a bit overly dark, to me the rating is about right for the movie. Kids under 7 I could see getting upset over some scenes in the movie but 8 to 14 I would be surprised at, then again my father took me to see movies like Quest for fire and apocolypse now at the theaters, I was 9 for apocolypse and 12 for quest for fire. I saw Amittyville horror at 9, damnation alley at 7 and Im not sure what else I saw but I pretty much saw more scary bloody horror and scifi flicks than I should have at those ages but I turned out fine......now wheres the glass of virgins blood? :p

WONDERFUL NEWS TODAY:)

theres a proposal to imcrease tobacco taxes dramatically with a no smoking in any public place....

I applaude the effort designed to end smoking completely, by taxing and controlling it out of business

So where will all the funding come from for all the programs that were paid for by Tobacco taxes, HMMM? And don't tell me they will be eliminated either.

See ya
Tony

So where will all the funding come from for all the programs that were paid for by Tobacco taxes, HMMM? And don't tell me they will be eliminated either.

See ya
Tony

health costs will drop, for smokers and second hand smokers.

new laws will be federal one, perhaps GWB will be phohibited from smoking in the white house:)

health costs will drop, for smokers and second hand smokers.

new laws will be federal one, perhaps GWB will be phohibited from smoking in the white house:)

Yea but your looking what easily has to be 25 - 35 years down the road before the costs start to go down, there are so many people that have smoked or been around smokers that it wont be until the next unborn generation and only those here who arent yet born and only if a total ban on all forms of smoking is implimented will this country see a change and only then will it be small.

Yea but your looking what easily has to be 25 - 35 years down the road before the costs start to go down, there are so many people that have smoked or been around smokers that it wont be until the next unborn generation and only those here who arent yet born and only if a total ban on all forms of smoking is implimented will this country see a change and only then will it be small.

smoking decreases with price increases. once somone quits their health begins to improve fast, provided its not already in the toilet........

savings should be noticeable quickly

tony the idea is that smoking by stars encourages kids to smoke

stars shouldnt be seen smoking on tv and movies because it encourages kids

R rating cuts into audience so movie producers will avoid smoking scenes to mae more bucks.

tobacco payed big bucks for years to get smoking scenes in tv and movies because it helped sales.

must be hard to market a product that kills its consumers, they have to make up deaths by hooking more kids.....

So then, everytime a McDonalds or BK is shown in a movie, it should immediately get an R rating, anytime a person is shown eating junk food or drinking pop in a movine, it should immediately get an R rating, anytime a person is shown drinking a beer in a movie, it should immediately get an R rating, because after all, we've got to think about the children.

Give me a freaking break and I have a child. Life around your house sure must be dull and boring.

Bob's argument would make sence in a vacuum. AND ONLY if the tobacco taxes were 100% for tobacco-related healthcare. They aren't. Much of that tax ends up in the general fund for the states. When the states have money, they will spend it. Once the state begins spending money on a project, they can't sop themselves for continuing and expanding that project forever. So when the tobacco money dries up, the OTHER projects not related DIRECTLY to the tobacco health issues. That is the money that will have to come from other sources.

See ya
Tony

everyone must eat to live, no one ever needs to smoke to live..........

although fast food may be bad for you, at least its food

smoking is injesting pure killer chemicals

Bad choice to use fast food as there is little comparison between the health effect that fast food has on the body as compared to what smoking does to the smoker and those around them, now if the fat from mcdonalds fries was able to actually turn into a vapor and travel through the air being inhaled by those around the eater and they would gain copious amounts of weight then yes I would think that you might have a point.

Have you ever been in a Taco bell? There are plenty of noxious fumes coming from those ruminating on THAT fast food! :D

Van, Bob... it's a matter of degrees. The fight against transfats has already started. It's just a matter of time.

See ya
Tony

everyone must eat to live, no one ever needs to smoke to live..........

although fast food may be bad for you, at least its food

smoking is injesting pure killer chemicals
ill call BS bob
people do need to smoke to live
they some to ease pain and suffering from cancer
ever hear of legal marijuana?
bob some cig companies like winston use no addatives just tar and nicotine

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2007-05-10-MPAA-smoking_N.htm

What has become of our society? Now there are situations where smoking could be the only reason a movie is rated R? If the smoking is pervasive in today's world, the movie is rated R. If the smoking is pervasive, but the movie is based on a historical setting (ie...Murrow), then it is OK. I smoke. I know it's bad. I'm considerate..not in the house, not with the kids, not in the car. I'm thinking maybe I'm wrong for believing this goes too far because I'm a smoker.
Hi There,, i am also a smoker,, from the UK, from 1st July you cant smoke in a public place,, there will be crowds of people outside a pub or club enjoying a cigar or smoke of some sort, they reckon in the UK, 1 out of 4 pubs will close due to this, i feel for the non smokers and staff who work in these places, its in their long term interest. What about us, we keep the hospitals in work,, cough cough,, and the revenue in the Uk for 20 ciggys is around £2.90 per pack,, we pay from £3.99 a pack of 20 cigs.
Then they moan about black market imported cigs. Dunno but i wont be sitting in the pub, il be on the doorstep with 30 others,, cheers MArtin

Hello you smokers,, i smoke but only when i get home from work,, or go to a pub and enjoy a beer,, i never smoke in the day time, unless i end up in a pub,, some people light up as soon as they get outaa bed, and have 5 cigs with their coffee,, so am i a nicotene addict, if i was i would be puffin away from the early morning hours, so why cant it be enjoyed, when your relaxed and having a beer. Martin from the UK,,

Can anyone tell me about this chat room software,, does a response just get displayed with all the rest,, or do you get a msn type of reply,, seems a bit outdated at the moment.. A prospective newcommer from the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts