Rates overall

netsweeper

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Moline, IL
so if one could tell me, what are the good rates for a hopper system? As in I have Americas everything package and paying full price. I also have an original hopper system with 2 x hopper and 4 x Joey. Looking to upgrade to 1 x hopper and 3x joeys wireless and then 1-2 wired joeys.

I fully admit I don't pay my bill on-time (I travel too much). I could with auto payment. But on the cusp of 200 a month I need a price break.

Advice please?

If you don't pay on time, as you admit, you are going to pay out the gazoo for everything. That's the way of the world....

If you struggle paying on time then you need to be on auto pay. If you're not home that often then maybe you should consider not having as much equipment.

It doesn't sound like your account is in great standing.

Yes I agree. I need to get on auto pay and such. But the thread was asking what other people were getting for deals. And just because I'm a few days late doesn't mean that I need to pay a fortune. I pay on Cell and other services a few days give or take and they always are willing to cut me a deal.

Please spear me the I should do this or that and just tell me what you have available as a deal. That's all I'm asking. I'm not trying to do a battle here, just asking what you as a fellow customer have got.

I should also add that I hate auto charge for cell or sat services. I've never been cut off, just a few days late. Nothing big.

Yes I agree. I need to get on auto pay and such. But the thread was asking what other people were getting for deals. And just because I'm a few days late doesn't mean that I need to pay a fortune. I pay on Cell and other services a few days give or take and they always are willing to cut me a deal.

Please spear me the I should do this or that and just tell me what you have available as a deal. That's all I'm asking. I'm not trying to do a battle here, just asking what you as a fellow customer have got.

There's not a whole lot I can tell you since I don't know how you qualify. The rate is either free equipment and install with renewing a 24 month contract or pay $150 plus the tech visit fee with the contract.

There's not a whole lot I can tell you since I don't know how you qualify. The rate is either free equipment and install with renewing a 24 month contract or pay $150 plus the tech visit fee with the contract.
Way off contract. I only have a hopper (original) when they first came out. But having so many people in the house is such a problem.

Yes. And I'm willing. Again looking for what you guys may of got in the past. I understand I may or may not get the same thing. Just looking for something to compare.

Yes. And I'm willing. Again looking for what you guys may of got in the past. I understand I may or may not get the same thing. Just looking for something to compare.

You just need to go to the DISH website tomorrow and call. They will give you pricing. The Hopper 3 and up to 5 Joey's may be free, or may cost you, depending on your "rating" from whatever criteria DISH uses. For additional equipment, there will likely be an additional fee.

Ok so guys and gals. I'm seeing people who are getting 50 off a month for just saying there want to quit. That's the input I'm looking for. If you also have been a customer for several years (20 years here) and are just looking for a deal, you should have something. Some people do and others don't. I understand. I'm just looking for what you have in the past.

If you don't have anything that's ok. I understand. I'm just looking to see what you may have got in the past.

You just need to go to the DISH website tomorrow and call. They will give you pricing. The Hopper 3 and up to 5 Joey's may be free, or may cost you, depending on your "rating" from whatever criteria DISH uses. For additional equipment, there will likely be an additional fee.
Thank you for the most honest and real answer so far. Again thanks. Already have an upgrade request to DIRT so I'll wait for that. But I'm just looking to get something of a discount for my programming. I've never called and asked for any type of concession EVER. So I hope they can do something for me. I mean even 10 off a month would be great. More would be better, but I'm an easy going guy.

Thank you for the most honest and real answer so far. Again thanks. Already have an upgrade request to DIRT so I'll wait for that. But I'm just looking to get something of a discount for my programming. I've never called and asked for any type of concession EVER. So I hope they can do something for me. I mean even 10 off a month would be great. More would be better, but I'm an easy going guy.
Why not drop the everything pack and add the movie channels by themselves. They are highly discounted at this time and it might save you some money. Good luck today :)

Holysmoke you inspired me to do something with my own account, Thanks.

It took 2 calls and I didn't quite get the discounts you did but am satisfied.

Bumped package up to the top 200

$40 off for 10 months

Hbo & max free for 1 yr

Starz and dish movie pack free for 90 days

Still have the showtime promo 1/2 off for 6 months

No contract either

Tried to get the autopay discount for $10 but it's only for new customers.

I posted this another thread recently. This also hasn't changed my plan rating regarding an upgrade, which is still free. Was out of contract before and still out now with the bill credits. Contract status will change with upgrade as I plan on leasing.

Just my opinion but I think it would be harder to try and negotiate a better monthly price while trying to get a free upgrade at the same time as well. If it were me I'd go for the monthly bill credits 1st. Then call back in a day or so for an upgrade.

Would like to add also. Have been on the low end of programming nearly the entire life of the account. There may have been a time or so the bill didn't get paid till 1 or 2 days after the due date, never late enough for them to notify me. This was also the 1st time I received any type of credits from the loyalty dept.

Good luck! :)

Ok so guys and gals. I'm seeing people who are getting 50 off a month for just saying there want to quit. That's the input I'm looking for. If you also have been a customer for several years (20 years here) and are just looking for a deal, you should have something. Some people do and others don't. I understand. I'm just looking for what you have in the past.

If you don't have anything that's ok. I understand. I'm just looking to see what you may have got in the past.

Ooohhh.... You were just looking to get discounts on your bill. I thought you wanted to know about discounts on getting the Hopper 3. Two different questions.

You just need to call and ask if you are eligible for any discounts. I just came off $30 off per month, so I called today and I was told I was eligible for $30 off per month for 10 months and then HBO for free for 12 months, which I was paying $10 for. So $40 off a month and no contract works fine for me. I was told to simply call back in 10 months to see what discounts I am eligible for when these expire.

Hm maybe I should call in and ask if im eligible for any discounts. I don't think that I have ever asked lol, and I didn't know you can get $10 off for autopay. I probably should have asked while I did my upgrade today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts